REPORT: Man accused of murder and cannibalism deemed competent for trial
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
An Indiana man accused of raping, killing and eating parts of his ex-girlfriend’s dead body is now mentally competent to stand trial, a state psychiatrist said Thursday.
Joseph Oberhansley, 35, of Jeffersonville has been committed at the Logansport State Hospital since October, when a judge ruled that he wasn’t competent to stand trial for the 2014 killing of girlfriend Tammy Jo Blanton.
The article goes on to state the following:
Prosecutors allege Oberhansley broke into the Jeffersonville home of Blanton in September 2014, and that he raped her, fatally stabbed her and ate parts of her body.
The letter from the psychiatrist filed with Clark County Circuit Court noted that Oberhansley’s competency has been restored since he was committed there last October to undergo competency restoration. In some of his early court appearances after his arrest, Obserhansley had outbursts in court and said his name was Zeus, WAVE3 reported.
Oberhansley’s attorneys requested in court Thursday to have a month to talk with him and form an opinion on his competency. During the hearing, Oberhansley spoke up, telling the judge he needed to fire his attorneys, according to the Courier-Journal.
“They’re trying to control my thoughts,” he said in court. “They’re trying to control my mind.”
It’s been 4 years since police say Joseph Oberhansley killed his ex and then ate parts of her body. A doctor says he’s finally competent to stand trial.
— wave3news (@wave3news) August 10, 2018
Joseph Oberhansley is accused of raping and stabbing Tammy Jo Blanton in September 2014, then eating part of her body. https://t.co/hfqD52627m
— WTHR.com (@WTHRcom) August 10, 2018
— Hayden Ristevski (@HaydenWDRB) October 25, 2017
To weigh in on this information provided by NYPost.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYPost.com
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: New Mexico compound mysteriously destroyed by authorities
- BREAKING: Omarosa releases secret tape of Lara Trump offering her campaign job after firing (Video)
- REPORT: Lara Trump fires back over secret Omarosa tape
- UPDATE: Bodies believed to be pregnant Colorado mom, kids found on oil property (video)
- REPORT: Backlash erupts over top exec of famous hot dog brand hosting Trump fundraiser
- Trump Tweet: Trolls Omarosa with special video
- REPORT: Federal judge orders Trump to reinstate Obama-era rule
- REPORT: Family of 7 dies on end-of-summer trip
- REPORT: Student stabs classmate multiple times on first day of school (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Husband confesses to killing pregnant wife, 2 daughters