REPORT: Man accused of murder and cannibalism deemed competent for trial

BY KAT SHEPHERD / AUGUST 12, 2018 /

GET the DML NEWS APP (FREE) Click Here

Below is a report that DML News gives a 4 OUT OF 4 STARS trustworthiness rating. We base this rating on the following criteria:

  • Provides named sources
  • Reported by more than one notable outlet
  • Does not insert opinion or leading words
  • Includes supporting video, direct statements, or photos

Click here to read more about our rating system.

As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:

An Indiana man accused of raping, killing and eating parts of his ex-girlfriend’s dead body is now mentally competent to stand trial, a state psychiatrist said Thursday.

Joseph Oberhansley, 35, of Jeffersonville has been committed at the Logansport State Hospital since October, when a judge ruled that he wasn’t competent to stand trial for the 2014 killing of girlfriend Tammy Jo Blanton.

The article goes on to state the following:

Prosecutors allege Oberhansley broke into the Jeffersonville home of Blanton in September 2014, and that he raped her, fatally stabbed her and ate parts of her body.

The letter from the psychiatrist filed with Clark County Circuit Court noted that Oberhansley’s competency has been restored since he was committed there last October to undergo competency restoration. In some of his early court appearances after his arrest, Obserhansley had outbursts in court and said his name was Zeus, WAVE3 reported.

Oberhansley’s attorneys requested in court Thursday to have a month to talk with him and form an opinion on his competency. During the hearing, Oberhansley spoke up, telling the judge he needed to fire his attorneys, according to the Courier-Journal.

“They’re trying to control my thoughts,” he said in court. “They’re trying to control my mind.”

To weigh in on this information provided by NYPost.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.



DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYPost.com

2 Comments

  1. Shirley Blanchard August 12th, 2018 at 10:06 pm

    I really think drugs are doing a number on these psychos!

    Reply

  2. Steve August 12th, 2018 at 11:25 pm

    He had already killed someone when he was a teenager.Why was this pos released back into society.Murderers,rapists and child molesters should be locked up forever.Release them and they just do the same things over and over

    Reply

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *