REPORT: Man charged after saying AOC ‘should be shot’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:
An Ohio man has been hit with federal charges after threatening Rep.Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez with an online post that said the outspoken congresswoman from New York “should be shot.”
Timothy James Ireland Jr., 41, was arrested at his Toledo residence Thursday and was charged in U.S. District Court for making threats toward Ocasio-Cortez on his personal Facebook account.
The article goes on to state the following:
“She should be shot,” Ireland allegedly wrote on July 23. “Can’t fire me, my employer would load the gun for me.”
Ireland has been charged with one count of being a felon in possession of a firearm, one count of being a fugitive in possession of a firearm and one count of making interstate threats.
A spokeswoman for Ocasio-Cortez declined comment.
Last month, Ocasio-Cortez was also threatened with being shot after a Louisiana police officer called her a “vile idiot” who “needs a round.” The officer, Charles Rispoli, was fired four days later.
Facebook screen shot leads to Toledo man, Timothy James Ireland Jr., 41, being charged with one count of being a felon in possession of a firearm, one count of being a fugitive in possession of a firearm and threatening Rep Ocasio-Cortez https://t.co/g46ajaWro7 via @toledonews
— ChrisHerter’s BowTie (@ColdWarBowTie) August 10, 2019
Timothy James Ireland Jr.’s Facebook post was reported by a private citizen, who took a screenshot of the post and sent it to Capitol Police. https://t.co/lM1va4xH5j
— Stars and Stripes (@starsandstripes) August 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit ABCNews.GO.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Text messaging startup that aided Dem campaigns in midterms fires huge portion of its staff
- REPORT: Doctor accused of being drunk at work indicted in deaths of three patients
- REPORT: Judge allows Trump to appeal Democrats’ emoluments lawsuit
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- TRILOGY DVD (They Come to America I, II, and III)
- REPORT: Parents outraged as CA preps graphic sex ed program
- REPORT: San Francisco to scrub ‘dehumanizing labels’ from criminals
- REPORT: Woman found dead in garbage chute at Anthony Weiner’s former address (VIDEO)
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- VIDEO: Watchdog alerts Trump that border agency violated DNA collection law for years, letting violent criminals walk free [READ LETTER]