REPORT: Man who destroyed Trump’s Hollywood star with pickaxe receives sentencing
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYTimes.com:
A 24-year-old man who destroyed President Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame with a pickax in July reached a plea deal on Wednesday requiring him to pay nearly $9,500 for the marker’s replacement.
The man, Austin Mikel Clay, pleaded no contest to one felony count of vandalism, according to a news release from the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office. Under the plea agreement, a judge ordered him to pay $9,404.46 to the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, which manages the Walk of Fame. That represents the actual cost of repairs to the star, said Leron Gubler, chief executive of the chamber.
The article goes on to state the following:
In a YouTube video published shortly after the vandalism, Mr. Clay said his destruction of the star was a “one-man protest” against the president and the Republican Party. “For as long as that star remains on Hollywood Boulevard, there’s going to be a really negative presence there,” he said in the video.
Mr. Clay, of Glendale, Calif., was also sentenced to three years of formal probation, one day in county jail (which he already served) and 20 days of community labor, according to the news release. He must also attend psychological counseling.
— Los Angeles Times (@latimes) November 7, 2018
A man who destroyed President Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame with a pickax in July reached a plea deal requiring him to pay nearly $9,500 for the marker’s replacement https://t.co/LSpmCBD8TJ
— The New York Times (@nytimes) November 8, 2018
Multiple people — including police — tell me a man walked up with a guitar case and pulled out the pick axe. Then, it’s believed, he called police himself to report it, but left the scene before they got here. Now, he’s nowhere to be found. @NBCLA pic.twitter.com/mJNh1dbO0J
— Jonathan Gonzalez (@JonathanNBCLA) July 25, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit NYTimes.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: FL sheriff releases footage of moment boy, 15, arrested for threatening a school shooting
- REPORT: Democrat councilwoman sworn in on Dr. Seuss book [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: California Supreme Court rules on lawsuit challenging unusual bullet identification law
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart
- VIDEO: NYT columnist points out the ‘scandal’ that media didn’t cover on Omar, Tlaib Israel trip
- REPORT: Daily Mail: Photo of Epstein Pal at In-N-Out Was Staged
- BREAKING: Network beats Fox News in key ratings for first time in 17 years
- REPORT: The Mooch Says He Was ‘Wrong’ About Trump In Blistering Op-Ed
- REPORT: Gov’t Delivers 100,000 Cheap Visa-Workers to Disney, Tourist Industry