REPORT: Man who destroyed Trump’s Hollywood star with pickaxe receives sentencing
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYTimes.com:
A 24-year-old man who destroyed President Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame with a pickax in July reached a plea deal on Wednesday requiring him to pay nearly $9,500 for the marker’s replacement.
The man, Austin Mikel Clay, pleaded no contest to one felony count of vandalism, according to a news release from the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office. Under the plea agreement, a judge ordered him to pay $9,404.46 to the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, which manages the Walk of Fame. That represents the actual cost of repairs to the star, said Leron Gubler, chief executive of the chamber.
The article goes on to state the following:
In a YouTube video published shortly after the vandalism, Mr. Clay said his destruction of the star was a “one-man protest” against the president and the Republican Party. “For as long as that star remains on Hollywood Boulevard, there’s going to be a really negative presence there,” he said in the video.
Mr. Clay, of Glendale, Calif., was also sentenced to three years of formal probation, one day in county jail (which he already served) and 20 days of community labor, according to the news release. He must also attend psychological counseling.
— Los Angeles Times (@latimes) November 7, 2018
A man who destroyed President Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame with a pickax in July reached a plea deal requiring him to pay nearly $9,500 for the marker’s replacement https://t.co/LSpmCBD8TJ
— The New York Times (@nytimes) November 8, 2018
Multiple people — including police — tell me a man walked up with a guitar case and pulled out the pick axe. Then, it’s believed, he called police himself to report it, but left the scene before they got here. Now, he’s nowhere to be found. @NBCLA pic.twitter.com/mJNh1dbO0J
— Jonathan Gonzalez (@JonathanNBCLA) July 25, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit NYTimes.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYTimes.com
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- VIDEO: April Ryan slams Mike Huckabee in fiery Twitter feud
- VIDEO: President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet