REPORT: Man gets box of unneeded medical braces – FBI says it’s part of $1.2B scam
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by KFOR.COM:
CLINTON, Iowa – The FBI is calling it the biggest Medicare fraud they’ve ever investigated.
For Robert Turney, of Clinton, Iowa, the scam called “Brace Yourself” started a few months back when a box showed up on his doorstep full of items he didn’t order.
The article goes on to state the following:
“We opened the package (to) see what they are. I said to my wife, ‘I don’t need these things,'” says Turney.
Inside were seven medical braces for different body parts shipped from a company called Crown Medical. All of them were delivered in one box with a grand total of $4,400.
Scam expert Randy Meier says the scam is being investigated by the FBI.
“This is nationwide,” says Meier. “$1.2 billion dollars is what the FBI calculated the loss at.”
It all starts with a phone call to Medicare patients. The person on the other end of the phone tries to get your Medicare number and offers the person a free medical brace. Then, a few weeks later, the person gets a package.
The FBI is calling it the biggest Medicare fraud they’ve ever investigated. https://t.co/LvvNL4BQVl
— KFOR (@kfor) May 14, 2019
It all starts with a phone call to Medicare patients. https://t.co/pRDftsHheo
— WGNT CW 27 (@WGNTCW27) May 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit KFOR.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Teen now permanently blinded as mystery illness progresses after going on cruise
- REPORT: 16 dog food brands may cause heart disease in pets, FDA warns
- VIDEO: Biden blames Trump for 7-year-old’s ‘racist’ question
- REPORT: Ex-White House spokesperson joins Fox Corporation
- REPORT: CNN guest says GOP is responsible for Trump’s ‘racist’ and ‘un-American ideas’
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez calls for ‘9/11-style commission’ to investigate Trump family separation policy