REPORT: ‘Mariachi’ gunmen unleash deadly gunfire in Mexico City tourist hotspot
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) – A shootout at a Mexico City plaza famed for its live music bars left three men and two women dead, officials said on Saturday, a day after gunmen said by witnesses to be dressed as mariachi musicians opened fire with rifles and pistols.
Eight others, including one foreigner, were injured in the incident at the Plaza Garibaldi in the capital’s historic downtown, the city prosecutor’s office said in a statement, without disclosing identities of any of the victims.
The article goes on to state the following:
Four of the deceased victims ranged in age from 22 to 46 years old, officials said. One had not yet been identified.
People at Plaza Garibaldi screamed and ran when they heard shots around 10 p.m. on Friday, although some appeared initially unfazed by the barrage of gunfire.
A video posted online shows a musician at a Plaza Garibaldi eatery strumming Mexican tune “La Cucaracha” on a harp without pausing for a moment as multiple shots rang out nearby. The video was taken by Giovanni Emmanuel Uribe, who was there with friends and family.
Gunmen dressed as mariachi band shoot dead five people in Mexico City https://t.co/iXAU7wSd8g
— Sky News (@SkyNews) September 15, 2018
— CP24 (@CP24) September 15, 2018
Shootout at famed Mexico City mariachi plaza leaves five dead https://t.co/QSMxlgFLKd
— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) September 15, 2018
— Miami Herald (@MiamiHerald) September 15, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by REUTERS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Uber driver allegedly kidnapped teen girl during ride home from Sweet 16 party
- REPORT: George Conway sends stern ‘order’ to White House to remove Trump
- REPORT: Federal judge rules that immigration law is unconstitutional
- REPORT: Jussie Smollett Case Gets Special Prosecutor
- REPORT: Reporter Tries To Buy Gun At Walmart; Gets Unexpected Outcome: ‘Far More Complicated Than I Expected’
- REPORT: Thousands Of Migrants Accept Free Rides Home Under UN-Run Program
- Trump and Norway’s Prime Minister hold joint press briefing (videos)