REPORT: ‘Mariachi’ gunmen unleash deadly gunfire in Mexico City tourist hotspot
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) – A shootout at a Mexico City plaza famed for its live music bars left three men and two women dead, officials said on Saturday, a day after gunmen said by witnesses to be dressed as mariachi musicians opened fire with rifles and pistols.
Eight others, including one foreigner, were injured in the incident at the Plaza Garibaldi in the capital’s historic downtown, the city prosecutor’s office said in a statement, without disclosing identities of any of the victims.
The article goes on to state the following:
Four of the deceased victims ranged in age from 22 to 46 years old, officials said. One had not yet been identified.
People at Plaza Garibaldi screamed and ran when they heard shots around 10 p.m. on Friday, although some appeared initially unfazed by the barrage of gunfire.
A video posted online shows a musician at a Plaza Garibaldi eatery strumming Mexican tune “La Cucaracha” on a harp without pausing for a moment as multiple shots rang out nearby. The video was taken by Giovanni Emmanuel Uribe, who was there with friends and family.
Gunmen dressed as mariachi band shoot dead five people in Mexico City https://t.co/iXAU7wSd8g
— Sky News (@SkyNews) September 15, 2018
— CP24 (@CP24) September 15, 2018
Shootout at famed Mexico City mariachi plaza leaves five dead https://t.co/QSMxlgFLKd
— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) September 15, 2018
— Miami Herald (@MiamiHerald) September 15, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by REUTERS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting REUTERS.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: New details emerge on judge who upheld subpoenas on Trump’s bank records
- BREAKING: Lone Republican blocks House passage of disaster relief bill
- REPORT: Calif. Senate passes humongous spending plan that would expand benefits to people in U.S. illegally
- REPORT: House Intelligence enjoys breakthrough with Justice Department
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham predicts Dems’ reaction to declassification of documents on Trump campaign surveillance
- REPORT: Trump, Pelosi wage Twitter war over ‘stammer’ video
- REPORT: Meteorologist fact-checks Ocasio-Cortez after her bizarre claim about tornado
- REPORT: Suspected illegal immigrant accused of impregnating 11-year-old girl [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Twitter permanently bans two famous Trump antagonists
- REPORT: Harvey Weinstein reaches massive deal to settle sex assault civil suits