REPORT: Mattis defends his seeming reversal on Space Force
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
BRASILIA, Brazil – U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said Sunday he is satisfied that creating a Space Force as a separate military service is the right way to reorganize the Pentagon’s approach to space.
Mattis, who last year opposed moves in Congress to create a separate space service, said his emphasis then was on establishing a consensus about what the Pentagon’s space problem is before recommending a way to fix it.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I was not against setting up a space force,” he told reporters flying with him to Brazil to begin his first tour of South America as defense secretary. “What I was against was rushing to do that before we could define the problem” that needed solving.
This, he said, is why he pushed back against efforts in Congress to create a space force. In a letter to Rep. Mike Turner, an Ohio Republican, in July 2017, Mattis wrote, “I do not wish to add a separate service that would likely present a narrower and even parochial approach to space operations.”
Mattis’ comments Sunday were his first since Vice President Mike Pence announced on Thursday that the Trump administration would push for creation of the Space Force as a sixth, separate military service by 2020
Defense Secretary Jim Mattis says he is satisfied that creating a Space Force as a separate service is the right way to reorganize the Pentagon’s approach to space. https://t.co/uYZAnDBcRo
— AP Politics (@AP_Politics) August 12, 2018
— The Voice of America (@VOANews) August 12, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by FOXNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: New Mexico compound mysteriously destroyed by authorities
- REPORT: Backlash erupts over top exec of famous hot dog brand hosting Trump fundraiser
- REPORT: Federal judge orders Trump to reinstate Obama-era rule
- REPORT: Family of 7 dies on end-of-summer trip
- REPORT: NYT gives estimate of tapes Omarosa believed to have in stash
- UPDATE: Bodies believed to be pregnant Colorado mom, kids found on oil property (video)
- REPORT: Review of emails from DOJ’s Bruce Ohr reveals new details on dossier scandal
- BREAKING: Court deals another blow to Trump delay of an Obama regulation
- REPORT: Student stabs classmate multiple times on first day of school (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Satanic Temple brings demonic statue to state capitol to protest Ten Commandments monument