REPORT: McConnell says it’s ‘past time’ to reach immigration deal with Democrats, [DML responds with warning]
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said he’s prepared to sit down and work with Democrats on a bipartisan immigration compromise.
“I think it’s way past time for us to have an adult bipartisan discussion about our immigration laws and see what we can agree to,” McConnell said to reporters Thursday, arguing that a solution can’t be reached without passing legislation. “I’m willing to enter into a negotiation to see what we can do to fix the problems.”
The article goes on to state the following:
The senior senator from Kentucky also took a shot at the Trump administration’s recent shakeup of immigration staff, saying reform “can’t all be solved by changing personnel.” Changes to immigration law, he stressed, won’t happen when numerous leaders of government agencies are constantly coming and going.
DML News founder and immigration expert Dennis Michael Lynch responded to a Twitter post about McConnell’s statement with a warning, tweeting: “WARNING: Code words for amnesty.”
WARNING: Code words for amnesty.
— Dennis Michael Lynch (@realDennisLynch) April 12, 2019
McConnell Says It’s ‘Past Time’ To Reach Immigration Deal With Democrats https://t.co/grebJoS4dd
— The Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) April 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- Illegal alien stowaways die after falling off plane (video)
- Officer kills suspect who mowed down pedestrian in Philly (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: President Trump under attack! How to show your support
- POLL: Most Americans believe Obama improperly surveilled Trump
- BREAKING: Pelosi releases blistering statement on Trump’s offer to legalize Dreamers for wall money
- REPORT: Omar fires off angry message to Trump about congressional ‘#MuslimBan’
- REPORT: Dozens died in North Korean earthquake