REPORT: Medical Examiner confirms Ferguson protester’s son died from suicide, not lynching
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
ST. LOUIS (AP) — The son of a Ferguson protester who was found hanging in a tree died by suicide, a medical examiner ruled Tuesday, contradicting his mother’s suggestion that he was lynched by people opposed to her activism.
The St. Louis County Medical Examiner’s office’s finding confirmed assertions by police that 24-year-old Danye Jones killed himself. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch obtained a copy of the report through an open records request.
The article goes on to state the following:
Jones was found Oct. 17 hanging from a tree at the home of his mother, Melissa McKinnies, who helped to organize protests after the August 2014 fatal shooting of black Ferguson 18-year-old Michael Brown by a white police officer.
McKinnies was the last person to see Jones alive when he went into the backyard the evening of Oct. 16, according to the report.
Investigators discovered Jones had texted his sister, Memisha, “I’m sorry” about 15 minutes after he went into the yard and she had replied “I love you.” McKinnies and her husband, Derek Chatman discovered his body the next morning.
Soon after, McKinnies posted photos on Facebook of her deceased son, with the words: “They lynched my baby.” The post was removed but it caused speculation on social media sites that Jones was murdered.
McKinnies has said she doesn’t believe her son killed himself and was instead targeted because of her activism. She said her son was upbeat, not depressed, and that he didn’t know how to tie knots. He left a packed overnight bag on the patio, which she said indicated he planned to leave with the person who killed him.
No scratches, bruises or any signs of trauma were found on Jones’s body, according to the medical examiner’s report, which said he had some cannabis but no alcohol in his system. No autopsy was conducted.
To get more information about this article, please visit APNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting APNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: White House explains bandage on Trump’s hand, Twitter goes wild (PHOTOS)
- BREAKING: Pelosi sends letter to Trump on his State of the Union address
- VIDEO: Clemson Tigers get ANOTHER meal invite after Trump’s fast-food meal
- REPORT: Kremlin responds to theory of Trump being a ‘Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Border ranchers share alarm about prayer rugs found on their property
- REPORT: Clemson quarterback says White House quote is fake
- REPORT: Rashida Tlaib lambasts ‘right wing media’ over coverage of picture with pro-Hezbollah activist
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez, freshmen Dems attempt to hand deliver request to McConnell (pictures)
- REPORT: House passes relief bill to fund government, six Republicans vote with Dems
- REPORT: NBCUniversal Chief makes admission on Megyn Kelly