REPORT: Meteorologist on MSNBC claims Trump making hurricanes worse
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump is “actively making the problem worse” regarding Hurricane Florence by not addressing climate change as “a root cause of worsening storms,” meterologist Eric Holthaus said during a Thursday night interview with MSNBC.
“You can’t really talk about this without talking about climate change,” Holtaus told MSNBC’s Chris Hayes. “We have some evidence that was published this week that the storm is actually a little bit bigger and the rain is going to be more intense because of warmer water.”
— Grabien (@GrabienMedia) September 14, 2018
The article goes on to state the following:
Holtaus serves as a columnist for Grist, a non-profit environmental magazine.
He said hurricanes over the last few decades have had a tendency to move more slowly, which has led to them dropping more rain on specific locations once they hit land. He attributed this change to global warming in response to a question from Hayes about Hurricane Harvey.
“One of the things that happened with Harvey, which we saw, is that the slower moving the storm is, the worse it can be because it just stops and drops a lot of rain. Is that right?” Hayes asked Holtaus.
“Yeah, exactly. And we’re seeing that a little bit too in the last few decades that hurricanes are moving a little bit more slowly as they’re making landfall as weather patterns change in response to climate change,” Holtaus replied.
“It’s gotten to the point where we have a president that is denying the impacts of this hurricane season last year and this year and actively making the problem worse by, you know, not addressing this root cause of worsening storms.”
The Trump administration pulled the U.S. out of the Paris climate agreement in 2017, and Trump has worked to unwind regulations imposed by the Obama administration on coal-fired power plants that were intended to address climate change.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Ronald Reagan’s daughter makes statement on Trump’s presidency
- REPORT: Former GOP governor expected to primary Trump in 2020 calls him a “national embarrassment”
- REPORT: Top Dem’s massive probe of President Trump hits a snag
- REPORT: Conway punches back after Trump calls him ‘husband from hell’
- VIDEO: CNN’s Jim Acosta complains about Rose Garden press conference where he didn’t get a question
- REPORT: Republican shames Ilhan Omar in blistering op-ed
- VIDEO: DML WARNS: Fox News will screw President Trump
- TRUMP TWEET: Big announcement and a VERY touching video
- TRUMP TWEET: Launches vicious new attack against Kellyanne Conway’s husband
- Trump administration proposes cuts to e-verify 2020