REPORT: Mexican politician who vowed to crack down on crime shot dead while posing for selfie with fan
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A Mexican congressional candidate who vowed to crack down on organized crime was shot dead after a person asked him for picture, CNN reported.
Fernando Purón had just finished an election debate on Friday night when he was approached by a woman holding a selfie stick who asked him to take a photo with her.
Surveillance footage obtained by the Vanguardia showed the 43-year-old politician falling to the ground after being shot in the head by a man who snuck up behind him.
The article goes on to state the following:
Purón, who is survived by his wife and child, reportedly died en route to the hospital.
According to the consulting group Etellekt, Purón’s death marks the 112thmurder of a politician since Mexico launched the electoral campaign in September 2017.
Purón was running to be a federal congressman for the northern state of Coahuila and was running as part of the Institutional Revolutionary Party, which also confirmed his death in a statement to CNN.
“The Institutional Revolutionary Party condemns the attack suffered by our candidate Fernando Puron in the city of Piedras Negras,” the party’s statement said. “We demand some clarity from the authorities on what happened and an appropriate punishment for those responsible for his death.”
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Mexican congressional candidate Fernando Puron was shot and killed after leaving a debate hall. He’s the 112th candidate or politician killed in Mexico since September, but the first running on the federal level https://t.co/UbBtS84upj pic.twitter.com/pA2phibGmz
— CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk) June 9, 2018
Mexican congressional candidate Fernando Purón Johnston shot dead in Coahuila leaving a debate in Piedras Negras. *41* candidates have been killed in this electoral process since last September. Purón Johnston is the first victim who was a congressional hopeful. pic.twitter.com/EuCeQogQsW
— Heather Gies (@HeatherGies) June 9, 2018
Still absorbing the news of the assassination of Fernando Puron. He was a public servant and his life was cut way too short. I would laugh with him at who was better at turning a phrase. He was from the hip and funny. Gonna miss him
— Rep. Poncho Nevárez (@poncho_nevarez) June 9, 2018
Video has surfaced showing the murder last night of a PRI candidate in Coahuila after an election debate—while he was taking a selfiehttps://t.co/Ad7F0lj4Q9
— Richard Ensor (@richardjensor) June 9, 2018
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Omarosa’s neighbors file suit against her husband over unkempt home
- POLL: Should Christopher Watts receive the death penalty?
- UPDATE: Stunning details emerge on man detained by ICE while driving his pregnant wife to hospital
- VIDEO: How a patient paid a $285 copay for a $40 drug
- OpEd: Newt Gingrich: Mueller’s fatal mistake
- REPORT: U.S. company reports one year later after implanting microchips in employees’ hands
- VIDEO: Neighbor shoots TX man stabbing his toddler to death while yelling religious rants
- REPORT: WH aide departs after questions arise about speech at controversial venue
- REPORT: Murdered Colorado mom ‘beat all odds’ to get pregnant, brother says in emotional post
- VIDEO: Democrat Cracks Joke About President Trump Drowning