REPORT: Miami voters give Beckham approval to negotiate stadium deal for MLS club
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by The Guardian:
David Beckham’s long-planned stadium deal is closer to reality. Miami voters gave city officials permission on Tuesday to negotiate a no-bid lease deal with Beckham‘s group, which wants to build a Major League Soccer complex on what has been a public golf course. Beckham’s group is also planning to have a hotel and retail space on the land, in return for guaranteeing the city about $3.6m in rent annually.
It’s not a done deal, however. Now the former England captain and his partners must negotiate the terms with city officials for the 25,000-seat stadium and discuss plans for transforming the rest of what is now the Melreese Country Club into a 58-acre public park.
The article goes on to state the following:
Tuesday’s win was an important one for Beckham’s new club, Inter Miami. Beckham has considered and wanted several other sites over the years, before turning his attention to Melreese in recent months.
To get more information about this article, please visit The Guardian. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting The Guardian
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Trump announces his nominee to replace Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Judges issue rulings affecting heated Georgia governor race
- REPORT: Singer Pink’s husband publishes fierce warning to California wildfire looters
- VIDEO: More details released on Monica Lewinsky’s upcoming tell-all on Clinton affair
- REPORT: Miley Cyrus releases statement after home burns down in California wildfire
- EXCLUSIVE: Snipes explains ballot box left in rental car that shut down airport (VIDEOS, PHOTOS)
- TRUMP TWEET: Why he missed cemetery event in France
- REPORT: Miley Cyrus’ fiancé Liam Hemsworth shares photo of fire ravaged home
- POLL: Do you trust the U.S. election system?
- REPORT: FDA recalls another blood pressure drug for possible cancer risk