REPORT: Miami voters give Beckham approval to negotiate stadium deal for MLS club
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by The Guardian:
David Beckham’s long-planned stadium deal is closer to reality. Miami voters gave city officials permission on Tuesday to negotiate a no-bid lease deal with Beckham‘s group, which wants to build a Major League Soccer complex on what has been a public golf course. Beckham’s group is also planning to have a hotel and retail space on the land, in return for guaranteeing the city about $3.6m in rent annually.
It’s not a done deal, however. Now the former England captain and his partners must negotiate the terms with city officials for the 25,000-seat stadium and discuss plans for transforming the rest of what is now the Melreese Country Club into a 58-acre public park.
The article goes on to state the following:
Tuesday’s win was an important one for Beckham’s new club, Inter Miami. Beckham has considered and wanted several other sites over the years, before turning his attention to Melreese in recent months.
To get more information about this article, please visit The Guardian. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting The Guardian
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: New details emerge on judge who upheld subpoenas on Trump’s bank records
- REPORT: Calif. Senate passes humongous spending plan that would expand benefits to people in U.S. illegally
- BREAKING: Lone Republican blocks House passage of disaster relief bill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham predicts Dems’ reaction to declassification of documents on Trump campaign surveillance
- REPORT: House Intelligence enjoys breakthrough with Justice Department
- REPORT: Trump, Pelosi wage Twitter war over ‘stammer’ video
- REPORT: Meteorologist fact-checks Ocasio-Cortez after her bizarre claim about tornado
- REPORT: Suspected illegal immigrant accused of impregnating 11-year-old girl [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Trump responds to Theresa May’s resignation announcement
- REPORT: Twitter permanently bans two famous Trump antagonists