REPORT: Michael Cohen attorney sends letter to House Oversight and Reform Committee Chairman
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
An attorney for Michael Cohen on Tuesday sent a letter to House Oversight and Reform Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) seeking to clarify Cohen’s testimony before the committee about a potential presidential pardon.
Cohen’s attorney Michael Monico acknowledged in the letter that his client’s testimony before the panel was not fully clear. But he maintained that his client was telling the panel the truth when Cohen said he had not sought a pardon, because he was referring to the time since a joint-defense agreement ended with President Trump last June.
The article goes on to state the following:
Monico said that Cohen, Trump’s former personal lawyer and fixer, had told his lawyers to explore the possibility of a pardon when it was offered by the president’s legal representatives following the FBI raids on Cohen’s home and office.
Monico maintained that Cohen had not asked for a pardon since the end of his joint-defense agreement with Trump.
“In retrospect, while the sentence could have been clearer regarding the time frames, the sentence is true, and Mr. Cohen stands by his statement,” the letter reads.
— Maggie Haberman (@maggieNYT) March 13, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) March 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds to conclusions on Mueller report with only three words, DML responds
- REPORT: Dr Dre says his daughter got into USC on her own despite $70m donation
- EXCLUSIVE: Eric Trump speaks out on Mueller report, sends message to CNN’s Acosta
- REPORT: Dem 2020 candidate says: Trump ‘Should Never Have Been Able to Come Within Cheating Distance of the Oval Office’
- REPORT: Alyssa Milano urges Hollywood to boycott Georgia over ‘heartbeat’ abortion bill
- Bette Midler goes into meltdown on Twitter, DML makes dig
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh lands exciting new job opportunity
- REPORT: Sen. Graham sends ominous tweet to Comey
- REPORT: Ivanka Trump quotes Abraham Lincoln in response to Mueller report findings
- EXCLUSIVE: Judge Jeanine Pirro makes public comments on Fox News controversy