REPORT: Michael Cohen attorney sends letter to House Oversight and Reform Committee Chairman
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
An attorney for Michael Cohen on Tuesday sent a letter to House Oversight and Reform Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) seeking to clarify Cohen’s testimony before the committee about a potential presidential pardon.
Cohen’s attorney Michael Monico acknowledged in the letter that his client’s testimony before the panel was not fully clear. But he maintained that his client was telling the panel the truth when Cohen said he had not sought a pardon, because he was referring to the time since a joint-defense agreement ended with President Trump last June.
The article goes on to state the following:
Monico said that Cohen, Trump’s former personal lawyer and fixer, had told his lawyers to explore the possibility of a pardon when it was offered by the president’s legal representatives following the FBI raids on Cohen’s home and office.
Monico maintained that Cohen had not asked for a pardon since the end of his joint-defense agreement with Trump.
“In retrospect, while the sentence could have been clearer regarding the time frames, the sentence is true, and Mr. Cohen stands by his statement,” the letter reads.
— Maggie Haberman (@maggieNYT) March 13, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) March 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- DML Monday night, quick Walk & Talk May 20
- POLL: Should Don Lemon be fired for his racist statement against white men?
- REPORT: American ex-Taliban militant set to walk free
- REPORT: Twitter user who asked Warren for help with her love life says they spoke on the phone
- REPORT: Buttigieg appears on cover of gay magazine [PHOTO]
- REPORT: House Democrat shares text exchange with son about impeaching Trump
- BREAKING: Shooting leaves 5 schools on lockdown as cops hunt for killer on loose
- VIDEO: The twisted motive behind the alleged murder-for-hire plot that’s rocked the NYPD
- VIDEO: Dems use hearing to repeatedly quiz, stump Ben Carson on obscure acronyms
- REPORT: Former DOJ official “surprised” by one section of Mueller report