REPORT: Migrant caravan members reject offer to stay in Mexico: “No, we’re heading north!”

OCTOBER 27, 2018

Below is a report that DML News gives a 4 OUT OF 4 STARS trustworthiness rating. We base this rating on the following criteria:

  • Provides named sources
  • Reported by more than one notable outlet
  • Does not insert opinion or leading words
  • Includes supporting video, direct statements, or photos

Click here to read more about our rating system.

As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:

Central American migrantsARRIAGA, Mexico — Several thousand Central American migrants turned down a Mexican offer of benefits if they applied for refugee status and stayed in the country’s two southernmost states, vowing to set out before dawn Saturday to continue their long trek toward the U.S. border.

Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto announced what he called the “You are at home” plan, offering shelter, medical attention, schooling and jobs to Central Americans in Chiapas and Oaxaca states if they applied, calling it a first step toward permanent refugee status. Authorities said more than 1,700 had already applied for refugee status.

The article goes on to state the following:

But after one of the caravan’s longest days of walking and hanging from passing trucks, the bulk of the migrants were boisterous Friday evening in their refusal to accept anything less than safe passage to the U.S. border.

To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.

3 Comments

  1. Richard October 27th, 2018 at 9:49 am

    That wasn’t their paid plan, they were supposed to go to the U.S. in order to put Trump on the spot. Their intent is to create a foreign influence on our elections, and in the process destroy Trump.
    No matter how you feel about Trump, Democrats in charge of Congress will be much worse. If you can vote, the VOTE!

    Reply

  2. Donna R October 27th, 2018 at 9:54 am

    Yesterday on Fox & Friends Griff Jenkins interviewed a man who spoke little English but said he lived and worked in FL for 18 years. He was deported 2 months ago and is now on his way back. He said the people had a lot of heart but the president has no heart and no head. He’s coming for a job and for money because he cannot get that where he’s from. But in the US he had a good job and good money.
    We need mandatory e-verify now!

    Reply

  3. Capit October 27th, 2018 at 10:17 am

    Guess they will get a huge surprise at the U.S. border and I hope the 800 soldiers greeting them will treat them as the law-breaking INVADERS that they truly are. America is tired of the invasion of lawless people, gangs, useless politicians, and the deep state. Legal citizens are planning to be armed and ready to stop the invasion if necessary and I never thought in my wildest dreams that American citizens would have to do what our taxpayer paid and at this point, useless power hungry Congress and current President would not. Actions speak louder than words. If this turns to war and bloodshed on our border then every Congressman and woman holding office should be fired for failure to do their jobs in keeping Americas citizens safe. Unbelievable!

    Reply

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *