REPORT: Missouri duck boat accident takes even more tragic turn
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
Nine of the 17 people who died in a duck boat accident were from the same family, a spokesperson for Missouri Gov. Mike Parson said Friday. Another two members of the same family survived when the boat capsized on Table Rock Lake near the tourist town of Branson, the spokesperson said. Officials have not yet identified the victims.
In their initial assessment, authorities blamed thunderstorms and winds that approached hurricane strength. A full investigation was underway.
The article goes on to state the following:
The boat was carrying 29 passengers and two crew members on a pleasure cruise, and everyone aboard had been accounted for by midday Friday. Seven of the 14 survivors were hurt when the vessel went down. At least two were hospitalized in critical condition. The captain survived, authorities said.
The weather service station in Springfield, about 40 miles north of Branson, issued a severe thunderstorm watch for its immediate area Thursday, saying conditions were ripe for winds of 70 mph. It followed up at 6:32 p.m. with a severe thunderstorm warning for three counties that included Branson and the lake. The warning mentioned both locations. The boat went down about 40 minutes later, shortly after 7 p.m.
“When we issue a warning, it means take action,” meteorologist Kelsey Angle said.
Just found out 11 of the people on the Branson duck boat were from same family. Nine of them died. This news is unfathomable. #TableRockTragedy
— Laura Simon (@5NEWSLaura) July 20, 2018
Such a tragedy. Nine of the 17 dead in the Table Rock Lake duck boat tragedy came from the same Indiana family on vacation in Branson, pictured below: @41actionnews https://t.co/12EKe4sDMl pic.twitter.com/mWq6JsdxUN
— Nick Starling (@NickStarlingTV) July 20, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by CBSNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CBSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you believe the migrant caravan will actually be turned away at the U.S. border?
- REPORT: AP changes headline after outraged liberals complain about description of illegal caravan
- Trump Tweets: Releases statement on unstoppable caravan
- EXCLUSIVE: Hondurans caravan members carry their flag, burn US flag with swastika painted on it (PHOTO)
- REPORT: Bernie Sanders pours cold water on blue wave
- VIDEO: Bangladeshis Joined Migrant Caravan In Guatemala, Univision Correspondent Reports
- REPORT: Grassley demands, and receives, explanation for Air Force’s $326G coffee cup spending
- VIDEO: Pelosi responds when asked whether she will be next House Speaker
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti hit with HUGE DEFEAT in ex-colleague’s lawsuit
- REPORT: Restaurant where McConnell accosted releases statement