REPORT: Missouri man told he couldn’t vote while wearing MAGA hat
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
A Kansas City, Missouri, voter was incorrectly told he couldn’t cast a ballot while wearing his “Make America Great Again” hat on Tuesday, a county election official has said.
The unidentified man, who was attempting to vote at the Northland Cathedral, was asked by a poll worker to remove his hat, the Kansas City Star reported. However, Tiffany Ellison, Democratic director with the Clay County Election Board, said the hat should have been allowed since President Trump’s iconic slogan didn’t pertain to the primary elections.
The article goes on to state the following:
Ellison said the man was “upset” and “combative” when he was asked to remove his hat. A Twitter user said on social media a “slightly inebriated, belligerent man wearing a red hat” argued with officials and “started to film the voters” after he was asked to take off his hat.
The man then called the Secretary of State’s Office to determine whether or not he was breaking any law — and the office confirmed he was not. The county election board eventually “called him to let him know he could go back up there,” Ellison said. “He thanked us and apologized for his behavior.”
‘Upset’ KC man told he couldn’t vote while wearing his MAGA hat. But he actually can https://t.co/dq3rieyJDO
— The Kansas City Star (@KCStar) August 7, 2018
There was an incident at the polling place in Northland Cathedral on Oak in Kansas City, Mo. A slightly inebriated, belligerent man wearing a red hat was asked to remove his political hat and refused and started film the voters. When told to stop, he argued with the officials.
— A Gar (@OkChocta) August 7, 2018
In case you have not yet seen reporting about the incident at the polling place in Northland Cathedral on Oak in KCMO:https://t.co/VpCtzVnbhT
— Luke Harbur (@lharbur) August 8, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by FOXNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- VIDEO: Trump admits paying off mortgage in old video clip
- REPORT: Kevin Spacey movie earns jaw-dropping meager amount on opening day
- UPDATE: Colorado girls’ bodies were submerged in crude oil for 4 days
- REPORT: Over 70 former intel officers and leaders denounce Trump’s threat to revoke clearances
- REPORT: Ex-employee ‘whistleblower’ makes disturbing allegations against Tesla
- BREAKING: Trump lawyer cooperating, sharing details for Mueller probe
- REPORT: Insider says FDNY brawl ‘one of the most severe beatings seen on tape’
- REPORT: U.S. special counsel recommends six months in prison for Papadopoulos
- REPORT: Military Judge issues stunning ruling on 9/11 Guantánamo detainees