REPORT: Missouri town gets new newspaper with controversial giggle-inducing name
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
URANUS, Mo. (AP) — Cue the giggling: A small Missouri town has a new newspaper called The Uranus Examiner.
KYTV reports that the newspaper’s launch was announced Wednesday, just days after GateHouse Media said it was shuttering Pulaski County’s local paper, the Daily Guide.
This is not a joke.
— KRCG 13 (@KRCG13) September 13, 2018
The article goes on to state the following:
The new publication’s editor, Natalie Sanders, led the Daily Guide before leaving in June to start what she calls a “fun” paper that will include local news and promote the tourist town of Uranus, which is pronounced the way any self-respecting class clown would say it.
Uranus sits along historic Route 66 and is known for quirky attractions, including a fudge shop and the world’s largest belt buckle.
The guys back home are at it again! The crew from the Uranus Fudge Factory (Home of the BEST Fudgepackers, their tittle..not mine are now publishing the local newspaper called – – – The Uranus Examiner! pic.twitter.com/EPEyRlAY4l
— Amanda Woolsey (@theCircaTECH) September 13, 2018
Luge Hardman, the mayor of nearby Waynesville, where the Daily Guide was based, says she thinks the “innuendo” surrounding the new publication’s name will bring “public ridicule.”
To weigh in on this information provided by APNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting APNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Should Kavanagh be confirmed to the Supreme Court?
- REPORT: Hundreds of teen gangsters go on terrorizing rampage, police close amusement park
- REPORT: Kavanaugh classmates rescind names from statement rejecting second accuser’s allegation
- BREAKING: Was Avenatti ‘duped’ by bombshell Kavanaugh claims?
- BREAKING: Senate panel schedules vote for Kavanaugh
- REPORT: Kavanaugh accuser’s lawyer sends letter with new complaint about hearing
- REPORT: 23-year old pageant winner dramatically STRIPPED of her crown for ‘lie’ (video/pictures)
- VIDEO: UN audience laughs when Trump remarks on achievements
- BREAKING: Senators told to expect to be in town this weekend: See why
- VIDEO: Stunning “flashback video” emerges of Joe Biden on sexual misconduct investigations