REPORT: Mueller filing reveals details of Manafort’s life in prison
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Federal prosecutors on Wednesday filed an opposition to Paul Manafort’s request to delay his trial for months, a filing which includes details of Manafort’s life behind bars.
Manafort had filed a motion for continuance of one of his two scheduled trials, claiming that because he was sent to Northern Neck Regional Jail over alleged witness tampering, he did not have adequate time to prepare for trial.
The article goes on to state the following:
But in the Wednesday filing, Special Counsel Robert Mueller said that Manafort’s claims do not hold up because he has said in multiple prison calls that he has had full access to his files and attorneys.
“Contrary to Manafort’s assertions about his jail conditions, Manafort is in a private unit in which he can review materials and prepare for trial,” according to the filing.
“Manafort has access to a separate workroom at the jail to meet with his attorneys and legal team,” the filing says. “Visitor logs from the prison indicate that each week Manafort has had multiple visits with his legal team.”
In one of the phone calls, Manafort told the caller that he is treated like a “VIP” in prison, has a self-contained unit with a private bathroom and shower, and is not required to wear a prison uniform.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you view Trump’s attacks on McCain as disrespectful?
- REPORT: Top Dem’s massive probe of President Trump hits a snag
- TRUMP TWEET: Big announcement and a VERY touching video
- EXCLUSIVE: American businessman proves in 3 minutes why Ocasio-Cortez is all wrong on socialism (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Conway punches back after Trump calls him ‘husband from hell’
- REPORT: Cindy McCain shares hateful message she received after latest attack from President Trump
- POLL: Are Trump’s tweets against Kellyanne Conway’s husband going too far?
- VIDEO: AOC fires back at Ingraham over guest’s ‘Latina thing’ comment
- OpEd: Cuomo unleashes anti-Trump tirade after feds downgrade priority of $30B infrastructure project
- VIDEO: Jim Jordan’s letter to AG on bias may have prompted high-level departures from Mueller’s team