REPORT: Mueller filing reveals details of Manafort’s life in prison
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Federal prosecutors on Wednesday filed an opposition to Paul Manafort’s request to delay his trial for months, a filing which includes details of Manafort’s life behind bars.
Manafort had filed a motion for continuance of one of his two scheduled trials, claiming that because he was sent to Northern Neck Regional Jail over alleged witness tampering, he did not have adequate time to prepare for trial.
The article goes on to state the following:
But in the Wednesday filing, Special Counsel Robert Mueller said that Manafort’s claims do not hold up because he has said in multiple prison calls that he has had full access to his files and attorneys.
“Contrary to Manafort’s assertions about his jail conditions, Manafort is in a private unit in which he can review materials and prepare for trial,” according to the filing.
“Manafort has access to a separate workroom at the jail to meet with his attorneys and legal team,” the filing says. “Visitor logs from the prison indicate that each week Manafort has had multiple visits with his legal team.”
In one of the phone calls, Manafort told the caller that he is treated like a “VIP” in prison, has a self-contained unit with a private bathroom and shower, and is not required to wear a prison uniform.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Should Whoopi issue a public apology to Judge Jeanine?
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine Pirro’s guest appearance on ‘The View’ ends in explosive scene with Whoopi
- REPORT: Co-Host of ‘The Five’ Is Reportedly Leaving Fox News
- VIDEO: Whoopi Goldberg: Pirro wasn’t kicked out, she left cursing at staff
- BREAKING: Michael Cohen Secretly Taped Trump Discussing Payment (video)
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr screams about Valerie Jarrett in bizarre new video
- BREAKING: RNC chooses city to host 2020 convention
- BREAKING: Surviving member of family who perished in duck boat crash gives heartbreaking interview (VIDEO)
- Trump Tweets: “Should have been done years ago!”
- REPORT: Man arrested for allegedly killing co-worker by forcing compressed air up his buttocks