REPORT: Mueller report: Erik Prince’s secret meeting with Russia fell apart after its aircraft carrier went to Libya
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The release of special counsel Robert Mueller’s report revealed that a meeting between former Navy SEAL Erik Prince and a Russian financier with ties to the Kremlin fell apart because of exercises by Russia’s decrepit aircraft carrier off the coast of Libya.
According to the report, Prince, who is the brother of Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos and founder of military contractor Blackwater, traveled to the Seychelles on Jan. 11, 2017. There he met with Kirill Dmitriev, the head of the Russian Direct Investment Fund and a known contact of Russian President Vladimir Putin. The meeting was reportedly reportedly orchestrated on Dmitriev’s behalf by businessman George Nader as part of Dmitriev’s effort to reach out to the incoming administration.
The article goes on to state the following:
“[W]e want to start rebuilding the relationship in whatever is a comfortable place for them,” Dmitriev told Nader, according to the report. “We understand all of the sensitivities and are not in a rush.”
Prince reportedly told Dmitriev he was looking forward to resolving conflicts between the two countries, and spent the initial meeting explaining his relationship to Steve Bannon and the transition team. Prince returned to his hotel room, where he learned that a Russian aircraft carrier had arrived off the coast of Libya. He then called Nader and asked him to arrange another meeting with Dmitriev, according to the report.
CLICK HERE to read more from the Washington Examiner.
#MuellerReport so Bannon and Erik Prince couldn’t get their stories straight on Prince meeting a Russian oligarch in the Seychelles during the transition, then deleted all their text messages from that time. Oh and btw Bannon used his personal email for work (p.165) pic.twitter.com/9Q7Dii9Fb9
— Mission to Europa (@mission_europa) April 20, 2019
6. Mueller’s report reveals news details about the role Erik Prince played during the transition, meeting with Dmitriev via Nader, and telling Dmitriev “US would not accept any Russian involvement in Libya because it would make the situation they are much worse.” pic.twitter.com/Upibgugnc0
— 🤷🏻♂️ (@Khanoisseur) April 18, 2019
Mueller report: Erik Prince’s secret meeting with Russia fell apart after its aircraft carrier went to Libya https://t.co/3IpW1nqC1Q
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) April 20, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Uber driver allegedly kidnapped teen girl during ride home from Sweet 16 party
- REPORT: George Conway sends stern ‘order’ to White House to remove Trump
- REPORT: Federal judge rules that immigration law is unconstitutional
- REPORT: Jussie Smollett Case Gets Special Prosecutor
- REPORT: Reporter Tries To Buy Gun At Walmart; Gets Unexpected Outcome: ‘Far More Complicated Than I Expected’
- Trump and Norway’s Prime Minister hold joint press briefing (videos)