REPORT: Mueller’s team, FBI gave reporters fuel for negative story on Paul Manafort
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONTIMES.COM:
The FBI and Justice Department officials gave Associated Press reporters a green light on information they gathered which ended up in a negative story on former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort.
The OK came at what appears to be an unusual summit between four AP reporters, the FBI and Andrew Weissmann at Justice Department offices. Mr. Weissmann is a senior lawyer for Special Counsel Robert Mueller and is prosecuting the jailed Mr. Manafort in Virginia and D.C.
The article goes on to state the following:
Mr. Weissmann set up the meeting on April 11, 2017, while heading the Justice Department’s fraud division, according to two internal FBI emails. He joined Mr. Mueller’s staff the next month and brought indictments against Mr. Manafort, starting in October 2017.
The indictments are nearly a carbon copy of what AP reporters told Mr. Weissmann and the FBI they had found on Mr. Manafort: Money laundering payments made by Ukrainian politicians; tax evasion on those funds and failure to register under the Foreign Agent Registration Act (FARA).
The public now knows about the AP-FBI alliance because Kevin Downing, Mr. Manafort’s attorney, has waged an aggressive campaign to force Mr. Mueller to disclose evidence. In this case, Mr. Downing accuses the government of leaking grand jury proceedings and false information about his client, feeding news stories that malign Mr. Manafort in the eyes of potential jurors.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONTIMES.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONTIMES.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Hundreds of Yale alumnae take action against Kavanaugh with open letter
- REPORT: Kavanaugh’s Yearbook Page Is ‘Horrible, Hurtful’ to Woman It Named
- BREAKING: McConnell makes big announcement about Kavanaugh vote in fiery speech (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh fires back at latest allegation, releases letter
- REPORT: Conservative millennial commentator SLAMS Obamas, telling former first lady to ‘sit down’
- REPORT: Letter from Kavanaugh accuser to Grassley released to public, Grassley responds
- REPORT: Deal with accuser leads to change for vote on Kavanaugh
- BREAKING: Ted Cruz Chased Out Of DC Restaurant By Anti-Kavanaugh Protesters (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: International human rights group demands halt of Kavanaugh nomination for new bizarre allegation
- REPORT: Kavanaugh classmates rescind names from statement rejecting second accuser’s allegation