REPORT: Multiple Texas cities hit with coordinated ransomware attacks
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DailyMail:
Texas has been hit with a wave of ransomware attacks targeting at least 20 local government entities.
The Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) said late Friday that it is leading the response to a ‘coordinated ransomware attack’ that is crippling critical government infrastructure across the state.
The article goes on to state the following:
Ransomware disables computer networks and holds them hostage in demand for payment.
‘Currently, DIR, the Texas Military Department, and the Texas A&M University System’s Cyberresponse and Security Operations Center teams are deploying resources to the most critically impacted jurisdictions,’ the department said in a statement.
The attack came on the same day that a major systems outage hit U.S. Customs, causing massive delays at several airports.
NEW: Texas Department of Information Resources says at least 20 local governments in the state have been hit by a ransomware attack. pic.twitter.com/S2cvgD2UmI
— Matt Largey (@mattlargey) August 16, 2019
— KPRC 2 Houston (@KPRC2) August 16, 2019
Texas is hit with ransomware attack as at least 20 local governments come under ‘coordinated’ cyber assault https://t.co/XA4emjc2Zc
— Daily Mail US (@DailyMail) August 17, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DailyMail. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- FDNY says 3 injured in fire near New York City’s Times Square
- POLL: Was school right to fire teacher who pointed out illegal alien students to President Trump?
- REPORT: Biden: ‘I’ve spent as much time’ with Putin as Trump
- VIDEO: Missing Florida girl shown tied up and crying in Instagram video call, family tells police
- REPORT: GRAPHIC: Half-eaten remains of migrant found on Texas ranch near border
- REPORT: Bernie Sanders reveals what he admires about Trump
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts