REPORT: Mumps confirmed in 7 detainees at ICE facility
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Multiple cases of mumps have reportedly been confirmed at an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detention facility in Houston.
Houston’s KHOU11 reported Saturday that local health officials have found a total of seven cases, though only one person remains sick. Officials told the TV station that all of the patients were detained during their infectious period, and that they have no evidence of the disease spreading outside the facility.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Chances are that some of the folks did become infected while they were there because it’s like any other detention facility, you have a large number of people in a small area,” Houston Public Health Authority David Persse said. “You can either get the two vaccinations now as an adult or if you think you had one maybe, and you want to get another one, you can do that. The vaccine is not expensive, and if you got vaccinated as a child and you got one again as an adult, it’s not going to hurt you.”
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- Ivanka ripped by liberal TV host for protecting her father (video)
- REPORT: Doctor accused of being drunk at work indicted in deaths of three patients
- REPORT: Judge allows Trump to appeal Democrats’ emoluments lawsuit
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- REPORT: Alyssa Milano Makes Shocking Statements While Confessing Back-to-Back Abortions
- TRILOGY DVD (They Come to America I, II, and III)
- BREAKING: Former WH spokesman Sean Spicer makes HUGE announcement on Good Morning America [VIDEO]
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- VIDEO: Watchdog alerts Trump that border agency violated DNA collection law for years, letting violent criminals walk free [READ LETTER]
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez hits back at Jamie Dimon after Green New Deal criticism