REPORT: Muslim woman claims her rights were violated over headscarf
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
TULSA, Okla. (AP) — A Muslim woman who alleges she was denied entry into the Tulsa County Courthouse because of her religious headscarf has filed a federal lawsuit against the county sheriff.
The lawsuit was filed Tuesday on behalf of Suha Elqutt by the Oklahoma chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations and the American Civil Liberties Union of Oklahoma. A similar suit was filed in California.
The article goes on to state the following:
The lawsuit alleges Elqutt was refused entry to the courthouse on April 10 when metal detectors were set off by a hairpin under her hijab. It says officers insisted Elqutt remove her headscarf in front of male sheriff’s deputies in violation of her religious beliefs. She entered the courthouse after two female deputies inspected her hair in a parking garage.
To weigh in on this information provided by APNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting APNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Burger King mocks President Trump over misspelled tweet
- BREAKING: Democratic National Committee deals major blow to Women’s March
- VIDEO: Brute arrested for punching 11-year-old girl in the face
- VIDEO: ‘I Don’t Need The Title’: Trump’s AG nominee slaps down Dem senator’s push for him to recuse himself
- BREAKING: Latest funding bill to reopen the government FAILS in House, fewer Republicans support it
- OpEd: Could Nancy Pelosi be the next president of the United States?
- REPORT: Bus carrying people from Mexico to Chicago stops in small Okla. town amid ‘health concerns’
- REPORT: Sarah Sanders Birthday Tweet Delivers Backhanded Blow To NBC
- REPORT: Sen. Rubio’s office issues statement on photo of Rep. Tlaib with pro-Hezbollah activist
- CNN analyst calls out conservative radio host for being white privileged, but…