REPORT: Nearly all new U.S. weapons systems have ‘critical’ cyber-security problems, auditors say
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WashingtonPost:
Almost all of the U.S. military’s newly-developed weapons systems suffer from “mission-critical cyber vulnerabilities,” a review of government security audits conducted from 2012 to 2017 found, suggesting that military agencies have rushed to computerize new weapons systems without prioritizing cyber-security.
The findings were released Tuesday in a report from the Government Accountability Office. The report drew on years of security audits conducted by skilled “testers,” essentially friendly hackers employed to probe Pentagon networks for holes, replicating the process of a hack in order to find security weaknesses.
The article goes on to state the following:
While the report did not identify specific military programs, its authors describe easily-exploitable cyber-security vulnerabilities that often arose from carelessness or negligence on the part of those using the systems.
To weigh in on this information provided by WashingtonPost, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WashingtonPost
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Disturbing details emerge on Fox meteorologist who had eye surgery, then took her own life
- VIDEO: Trump makes unannounced visit to Arlington National Cemetery during laying of wreaths
- EXCLUSIVE: Obama lashes out at Republicans over ruling against his ‘Obamacare’ program’, urges more people to enroll
- REPORT: Documents reveal urgent actions taken by Obama State Department on ‘Russiagate’ just prior to Trump inauguration
- REPORT: John McCain’s family turns on Martha McSally
- BREAKING: FBI Releases Key Steele Dossier Document
- VIDEO: Walmart employee goes rogue, uses intercom to announce he’s quitting: ‘Nobody should work here – ever!’
- REPORT: As ICE releases migrant families by the hundreds, churches and businesses step up to help
- Trump Tweet: Outrage over new discovery on texts between Strzok and Page
- VIDEO: Father of Guatemalan girl who died in US custody speaks out