REPORT: New battle lines in war over Trump’s judicial picks
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The Senate is adding new fuel to the fire in its long-running feud over President Trump’s judicial nominations.
The battle intensified this past week, with multiple fault lines. Republicans moved forward with more than 40 picks, including several circuit nominees who were not supported by home-state senators.
The article goes on to state the following:
GOP senators are also expected to advance a rules change Wednesday that would cut down on the amount of time it takes to confirm many of Trump’s nominees, including district judges. Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and other Republicans view judicial nominations as a top priority and their best shot at leaving a long-term impact on the direction of the country. The GOP-controlled Senate confirmed a record number of circuit court picks during Trump’s first two years in office.
Democrats aren’t taking lightly to this, arguing Republicans are ignoring the “blue slip” tradition and negating relationships on the Judiciary Committee.
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Are you concerned about Trump’s mental stability?
- VIDEO: Trump called supporter to apologize for mocking his weight, supporter responds
- REPORT: State To Implement LGBTQ Content In Public Schools’ Curricula
- VIDEO: Disgraced former Trump staffers Scaramucci and Omarosa discuss the president’s ‘mental decline’
- OpEd: Washington owes Justice Neil Gorsuch an apology
- VIDEO: Maher slams far-left Dems for backing anti-Israel BDS movement
- REPORT: Multiple Texas cities hit with coordinated ransomware attacks