REPORT: New data reveals how much the military has spent on transgender care since 2016
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by Military Times:
In the nearly three years since the U.S. military welcomed transgender people into the armed forces, they have largely served without incident. Some, like [Lindsey] Muller, have earned prestigious medals or received other forms of recognition.
They say they stand as proof against President Donald Trump’s argument that their presence is a burden.
The article goes on to state the following:
According to new data from the Defense Department provided to the House Armed Services Committee ahead of the hearing, the military has spent about $8 million on transgender care since 2016. The military’s annual health care budget tops $50 billion. The Associated Press obtained the data Wednesday.
— Air Force Times (@AirForceTimes) February 28, 2019
According to new data from the Defense Department provided to the House Armed Services Committee ahead of the hearing, the military has spent about $8 million on transgender care since 2016. https://t.co/EgVeLhkwoL
— Big 2 News KMID (@Local2NewsKMID) February 27, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit Military Times. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘It doesn’t look promising’: Jim Jordan says of impeachment
- REPORT: Details emerge of connection between Schiff aide and alleged whistleblower
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- REPORT: Maxine Waters fires back at Ben Carson
- REPORT: Pence’s office responds to Sondland’s testimony claiming he raised concerns about investigations
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- VIDEO: Mark Levin: Schiff awakened ‘sleeping giant’ with impeachment
- VIDEO: Liberal Democrat lawyer backs Trump after impeachment hearings
- REPORT: Trump administration sends letter to landowners regarding border wall construction
- REPORT: Republican tells Eric Swalwell to ‘shut up’ during impeachment hearing