REPORT: New data reveals how much the military has spent on transgender care since 2016
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by Military Times:
In the nearly three years since the U.S. military welcomed transgender people into the armed forces, they have largely served without incident. Some, like [Lindsey] Muller, have earned prestigious medals or received other forms of recognition.
They say they stand as proof against President Donald Trump’s argument that their presence is a burden.
The article goes on to state the following:
According to new data from the Defense Department provided to the House Armed Services Committee ahead of the hearing, the military has spent about $8 million on transgender care since 2016. The military’s annual health care budget tops $50 billion. The Associated Press obtained the data Wednesday.
— Air Force Times (@AirForceTimes) February 28, 2019
According to new data from the Defense Department provided to the House Armed Services Committee ahead of the hearing, the military has spent about $8 million on transgender care since 2016. https://t.co/EgVeLhkwoL
— Big 2 News KMID (@Local2NewsKMID) February 27, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit Military Times. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Biden blames Trump for 7-year-old’s ‘racist’ question
- REPORT: Brothers, aged 1 and 3, drown after falling into family pool
- VIDEO: Twitter philanthropist surprises disabled vet with new car after Trump re-tweeted him
- REPORT: 16 dog food brands may cause heart disease in pets, FDA warns
- REPORT: ‘Underage’ Migrant Sentenced for Murder of Teenager
- VIDEO: Detective describes disturbing evidence he gave Feds on Epstein
- REPORT: Ex-White House spokesperson joins Fox Corporation
- One NFL team makes up half of the players still protesting, kneeling