REPORT: New data reveals how much the military has spent on transgender care since 2016
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by Military Times:
In the nearly three years since the U.S. military welcomed transgender people into the armed forces, they have largely served without incident. Some, like [Lindsey] Muller, have earned prestigious medals or received other forms of recognition.
They say they stand as proof against President Donald Trump’s argument that their presence is a burden.
The article goes on to state the following:
According to new data from the Defense Department provided to the House Armed Services Committee ahead of the hearing, the military has spent about $8 million on transgender care since 2016. The military’s annual health care budget tops $50 billion. The Associated Press obtained the data Wednesday.
— Air Force Times (@AirForceTimes) February 28, 2019
According to new data from the Defense Department provided to the House Armed Services Committee ahead of the hearing, the military has spent about $8 million on transgender care since 2016. https://t.co/EgVeLhkwoL
— Big 2 News KMID (@Local2NewsKMID) February 27, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit Military Times. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Fox contributor files $15M defamation suit for ‘reckless disregard for the truth’ against media outlet
- VIDEO: Michelle Obama declares she’s ‘waiting to be asked’ for help by Democratic nominee
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- REPORT: Mother of San Bernardino terrorist fighting DOJ over life insurance
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Speculation running wild over mystery about Pelosi’s nose [PHOTOS]
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Rudy Giuliani snaps at Fox News host: ‘I’m embarrassing you’
- REPORT: Terror attack? Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis calls for gun restrictions after Pensacola shooting