REPORT: New details emerge on judge who upheld subpoenas on Trump’s bank records
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
The New York federal judge who ruled on Wednesday that the Trump administration must comply with two subpoenas from the House Financial Services and Intelligence Committees has donated in the past to a slew of big-name Democrats — including two who currently sit on those committees, according to federal election filings.
After an hour of oral arguments, Barack Obama-appointed U.S. District Judge Edgardo Ramos ruled the subpoenas to Deutsche Bank and Capital One have “a legitimate legislative purpose,” and that Trump was unlikely to prevail in a lawsuit to quash the requests. Judges have the option to recuse themselves if there is an appearance of bias.
The article goes on to state the following:
Federal election records show that, when he was a partner at the law firm Day Pitney LLP and before he was appointed to the bench in 2011, Ramos sent $350 to Connecticut Democrat Rep. Jim Himes from 2007 to 2008, as well as $500 to elect New York Rep. Nydia Velazquez in 2010.
Himes sits on both the Intelligence and Financial Services Committees, while Velazquez sits on Financial Services.
CLICK HERE to read more of this report by Fox News.
Widespread Political Corruption Poisons DOJ, FBI, Intel Agencies and Courts: Judge who upheld Trump subpoena donated to Dems on committee seeking the records #MAGA @realDonaldTrump #AmericaFirst #Dobbshttps://t.co/bk81F6ltiq
— Lou Dobbs (@LouDobbs) May 24, 2019
Judge who upheld Trump subpoena donated to Dems on committee seeking the records https://t.co/io6IpyJVct
— John Cardillo (@johncardillo) May 24, 2019
BREAKING: Judge Edgardo Ramos, a federal judge in New York refused to block subpoenas from the House of Representatives for President Trump’s financial records from Deutsche Bank and Capital One.https://t.co/38AZvYwEIW
— Sara A. Carter (@SaraCarterDC) May 22, 2019
Boricua Judge Edgardo Ramos Rules Against Trump Attempt to Financial Records. https://t.co/fKGjo4XMaR
Federal judge Edgardo Ramos of Puerto Rican descent ruled against a request from President Trump to block Deutsche Bank, from seeking his detailed financial records. pic.twitter.com/3Xk3D0bZkA
— Howard Jordan (@HJordanWBAI) May 23, 2019
just to cut off the inevitable trump troll responses coming RE: judge edgardo ramos’ decision. he is an american federal judge. he can’t be deported. he’s puerto rican. puerto ricans are americans. deal with it.
— Magic 1 🇲🇽 (@magic_uno) May 22, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- REPORT: Iranian president lashes out with insult at Trump White House amid new sanctions