REPORT: New multimillion-dollar border barrier will soon break ground in Texas, butterfly center threatens legal action (PHOTOS)
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
MISSION, Texas — Heavy machinery has started to roll in near the National Butterfly Center, which straddles the Mexican border. Customs and Border Protection has positioned vehicles here. And construction workers and architects have started plotting out their work for the next few months, and possibly years.
As the nation’s capital grapples over how to fund the controversial border wall, construction of a new one in the Rio Grande Valley is set to begin in the next few days.
Bentsen, a top national destination for bird watching, is located down the road from the bird center and will see one of two Rio Grande Valley border wall projects run through its property. Both plans were funded by last year’s congressional appropriations. Congress green-lighted more than $600 million for 33 miles of wall in the area.
The article goes on to state the following:
The project that will cut through Bentsen and the butterfly center was the first contract to be awarded by CBP at the end of October. It calls for six miles of new border wall and will run on the south side of the U.S. International Boundary Water Commission levee, featuring concrete slabs with 18-foot tall bollards. About two weeks after making that first announcement, CBP awarded a second contract for another eight miles.
The Butterfly Center is protesting loudly, and threatening to tear down the wall if they can’t get it stopped.
As border wall funding divides Washington, new multimillion-dollar barrier will soon break ground in Texas https://t.co/aeM52mSufC
— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) February 9, 2019
The National Butterfly Center wants to stop the federal government from erecting a 36-foot “wall system” topped with steel bollards through its property. https://t.co/oHomtC3lOY
— USA TODAY (@USATODAY) February 7, 2019
@RepCuellar The first heavy equipment began arriving and is now parked next to the National Butterfly Center. They’re going to destroy our forest here in Mission, Texas. Please help us! #NoBorderWall #RevitalizeNotMilitarize #DefundHate pic.twitter.com/JgFGBl3wtQ
— No Border Wall (@No_Border_Wall) February 4, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) February 9, 2019
— Lulu Garcia-Navarro (@lourdesgnavarro) February 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- Ivanka ripped by liberal TV host for protecting her father (video)
- REPORT: Doctor accused of being drunk at work indicted in deaths of three patients
- REPORT: Judge allows Trump to appeal Democrats’ emoluments lawsuit
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- REPORT: Alyssa Milano Makes Shocking Statements While Confessing Back-to-Back Abortions
- TRILOGY DVD (They Come to America I, II, and III)
- BREAKING: Former WH spokesman Sean Spicer makes HUGE announcement on Good Morning America [VIDEO]
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- VIDEO: Watchdog alerts Trump that border agency violated DNA collection law for years, letting violent criminals walk free [READ LETTER]
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez hits back at Jamie Dimon after Green New Deal criticism