REPORT: New report released for illegal border crossings in July
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The number of people who attempted to illegally enter the United States from Mexico dropped for a second consecutive month in July to 31,303, after peaking in May at 40,333, according to new Department of Homeland Security data.
Officials caught 34,095 people trying to enter the U.S. between official ports of entry in June. The July number showed an 8 percent drop from June, and a 22 percent drop from the May high.
The article goes on to state the following:
DHS said the back-to-back monthly declines were the result of the Trump administration’s zero-tolerance policy, which was implemented in early May but was then suspended in mid-June.
“In the month of July, we saw a decrease in illegal border crossings because human traffickers and Transnational Criminal Organizations were put on notice that this Administration was increasing prosecutions of those entering the country illegally,” DHS press secretary Tyler Houlton said in a statement, referring to the zero-tolerance policy. “Despite our terribly broken immigration laws, the administration has still been able to impact illegal immigration.”
In addition to those taken into custody for illegally entering the U.S., 8,650 people who tried to lawfully enter the country at a port were turned away. That number was higher in May, 11,500.
CLICK HERE to view the report from the U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Former ‘Apprentice’ Troy McClain responds to allegations that he played ‘N-word’ tape for Omarosa
- VIDEO: Omarosa drops new bombshell, makes claim about Trump’s knowledge of hacked DNC emails
- BREAKING: Trump campaign takes legal action, seeks ‘millions’ against Omarosa for violating nondisclosure
- BREAKING: Kansas Gov. concedes race for GOP nomination to Trump ally Kris Kobach (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Katrina Pierson releases statement after Omarosa releases audio discussing ‘N-word’ tape
- DML TV: Heroic mom fights off child-snatcher in broad daylight
- BREAKING: Former Trump employee releases statement on Omarosa
- BREAKING: At least 5 shot inside Philadelphia-area Walmart, suspect in custody
- REPORT: Omarosa responds to arbitration action filed by Trump campaign
- REPORT: Philadelphia mom who paid $25k for prom send off is charged with defrauding US government