REPORT: A new year, a new law: ‘In God We Trust’ now prominently displayed in state’s public schools
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
As children head back to school this fall, Tennesseans are reacting to a new law the state passed requiring the motto “In God We Trust” to be prominently displayed in every public school.
“I think it excludes people that don’t believe in the Christian God,” Mike Durham of Knoxville said, while others “fully support” the idea on social media, according to WBIR.
The article goes on to state the following:
The Tennessee state Senate passed the legislation unanimously, followed by 81 out of the 99 Tennessee House members, according to the Tennessean. Gov. Bill Haslam, a Republican, signed the bill into law in April.
“Our national motto is on our money. It’s on our license plates. It’s part of our national anthem,” the bill’s sponsor, state Rep. Susan Lynn, a Republicans, said on the House floor before the vote, according to USA Today. “Our national motto and founding documents are the cornerstone of freedom, and we should teach our children about these things.”
The motto must be located in a prominent place, such as a cafeteria, common area, or school entryway, and can be displayed in various ways, such as on a plaque or as student artwork.
— The Hill (@thehill) August 9, 2018
As students head back to class in Tennessee, a bill signed into law by Governor Haslam in April is making the motto ‘In God We Trust’ a staple in all Tennessee schools. https://t.co/9uXbt3teeq pic.twitter.com/FvE31HM9Xr
— KING 5 News (@KING5Seattle) August 8, 2018
— ABC 33/40 News (@abc3340) August 9, 2018
— WBAL Baltimore News (@wbaltv11) August 2, 2018
— knoxnews (@knoxnews) August 3, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Former ‘Apprentice’ Troy McClain responds to allegations that he played ‘N-word’ tape for Omarosa
- VIDEO: Omarosa drops new bombshell, makes claim about Trump’s knowledge of hacked DNC emails
- BREAKING: Trump campaign takes legal action, seeks ‘millions’ against Omarosa for violating nondisclosure
- BREAKING: Kansas Gov. concedes race for GOP nomination to Trump ally Kris Kobach (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Katrina Pierson releases statement after Omarosa releases audio discussing ‘N-word’ tape
- DML TV: Heroic mom fights off child-snatcher in broad daylight
- BREAKING: Former Trump employee releases statement on Omarosa
- BREAKING: At least 5 shot inside Philadelphia-area Walmart, suspect in custody
- REPORT: Omarosa responds to arbitration action filed by Trump campaign
- REPORT: Philadelphia mom who paid $25k for prom send off is charged with defrauding US government