REPORT: New York Times is making a major change in its international edition
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The New York Times on Monday announced that it would no longer publish political cartoons in its international edition, a move that comes more than a month after the publication faced widespread condemnation for posting an anti-Semitic cartoon.
James Bennet, The Times’ editorial page editor, said in a statement that the newspaper would officially stop publishing editorial cartoons on July 1 after more than year of deliberation.
The article goes on to state the following:
Bennet issued the statement just hours after cartoonist Patrick Chappatte revealed The Times’ plans in a blog post. Chappatte, an editorial cartoonist for The Times’ international edition, linked the decision to the “widespread outrage” that followed after the paper published an anti-Semitic illustration of Israeli Prime MinisterBenjamin Netanyahu and President Trump.
Our statement in response to ending daily political cartoons in the international edition of The New York Times. pic.twitter.com/riwljujoZq
— NYTimes Communications (@NYTimesPR) June 10, 2019
THE NEW YORK TIMES WILL END ALL POLITICAL CARTOONS I just learned, weeks after they published a syndicated Netanyahu cartoon that caused a scandal. For me, this is the end of an adventure that began 20 years ago. But the stakes are much higher. READ HERE: https://t.co/o8y43v88Yd pic.twitter.com/NBH0uyw9Jf
— Chappatte Cartoons (@PatChappatte) June 10, 2019
This is a horrible decision by the NYT. https://t.co/wRuSbIRpsU
— Jake Tapper (@jaketapper) June 10, 2019
The NYT is to stop running political cartoons by July. Incredible, and incredibly bad, decision. https://t.co/NqTOYGcY0W
— Hicham Yezza (@HichamYezza) June 10, 2019
The NYT says the decision to stop running editorial cartoons in overseas editions was being contemplated before the anti-Semitic cartoon mess in April. But now it’s a done deal. Here’s my full story https://t.co/o7jEzZLI8H
— Brian Stelter (@brianstelter) June 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Oklahoma teen accused of threatening to shoot ‘400 people for fun,’ officers make chilling find at her home
- REPORT: GOP signals unease with Barr’s gun plan
- REPORT: NYT reporters make new claim against Kavanaugh
- TRUMP TWEETS: Responds to news report about ‘whistleblower complaint’
- REPORT: Student’s questionable school lunch post goes viral: ‘Sad excuse for a meal’
- BREAKING: Patriots star dumped by Nike after being accused of rape
- Florida sheriff reports about armed officer on school campus
- REPORT: Two former Congressional Black Caucus chairmen back 2020 candidate
- REPORT: ‘Kangaroo justice’: William Barr slams Obama Education Department
- VIDEO: “I hung up the phone and cried”: Dana Perino on the setback that led her to the White House