REPORT: New York Times is making a major change in its international edition
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The New York Times on Monday announced that it would no longer publish political cartoons in its international edition, a move that comes more than a month after the publication faced widespread condemnation for posting an anti-Semitic cartoon.
James Bennet, The Times’ editorial page editor, said in a statement that the newspaper would officially stop publishing editorial cartoons on July 1 after more than year of deliberation.
The article goes on to state the following:
Bennet issued the statement just hours after cartoonist Patrick Chappatte revealed The Times’ plans in a blog post. Chappatte, an editorial cartoonist for The Times’ international edition, linked the decision to the “widespread outrage” that followed after the paper published an anti-Semitic illustration of Israeli Prime MinisterBenjamin Netanyahu and President Trump.
Our statement in response to ending daily political cartoons in the international edition of The New York Times. pic.twitter.com/riwljujoZq
— NYTimes Communications (@NYTimesPR) June 10, 2019
THE NEW YORK TIMES WILL END ALL POLITICAL CARTOONS I just learned, weeks after they published a syndicated Netanyahu cartoon that caused a scandal. For me, this is the end of an adventure that began 20 years ago. But the stakes are much higher. READ HERE: https://t.co/o8y43v88Yd pic.twitter.com/NBH0uyw9Jf
— Chappatte Cartoons (@PatChappatte) June 10, 2019
This is a horrible decision by the NYT. https://t.co/wRuSbIRpsU
— Jake Tapper (@jaketapper) June 10, 2019
The NYT is to stop running political cartoons by July. Incredible, and incredibly bad, decision. https://t.co/NqTOYGcY0W
— Hicham Yezza (@HichamYezza) June 10, 2019
The NYT says the decision to stop running editorial cartoons in overseas editions was being contemplated before the anti-Semitic cartoon mess in April. But now it’s a done deal. Here’s my full story https://t.co/o7jEzZLI8H
— Brian Stelter (@brianstelter) June 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Schiff declares ‘time is running out’ for Mueller
- Fox advertiser: Fox viewers are ‘f-ing idiots’
- BREAKING: Feds swarm ship in Philly port, announce ‘one of largest cocaine seizures in U.S. history’ [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Pelosi makes shocking statement about Trump after deportation announcement
- VIDEO: CNN cuts away from Trump rally after crowd chants ‘CNN sucks’
- REPORT: State Department identifies 23 violations, ‘multiple security incidents’ concerning Clinton emails
- REPORT: Fotis Dulos and girlfriend plead not guilty, even as chilling details emerge on his missing Connecticut wife
- VIDEO: ISIS images of a beheaded Scandinavian were sent to victim’s MOTHER
- REPORT: Democrats refuse to accept Trump’s new proposal for border wall
- REPORT: Trump says U.S., Guatemala negotiating legal wall against migrants