REPORT: Newly divorced Ilhan Omar faces investigation over taking lover on trips
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DailyMail:
Federal election watchdogs are being asked to determine whether newly divorced congresswoman Ilhan Omar took her lover on trips paid by her campaign.
Peter Flaherty, chairman of the conservative National Legal and Policy Center last month filed an amended version of a complaint he had lodged earlier into Omar’s campaign spending, following DailyMail.com’s revelation she was having an affair with her finance chief Tim Mynett.
The article goes on to state the following:
Omar’s divorce from husband Ahmed Hirsi became final this week. Mynett’s wife Beth has also filed for divorce in the wake of the affair.
The Daily Mail report states that Flaherty is asking the Federal Election Commission to investigate payments totaling over $369,000 made by the Minnesota congresswoman’s campaign, Ilhan for Congress to Mynett’s company, The E Street Group.
This is the truth: @IlhanMN gives her lover $369k and more from her campaign funds, Tim takes his cut and gives Ilhan the rest in cash or to a personal account.
— Imam of Peace (@Imamofpeace) November 6, 2019
FEC to investigate $369k of payments made to Ilhan Omar’s lover https://t.co/61aQl9Zr8o
— Mike Cernovich (@Cernovich) November 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DailyMail. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Pelosi unveils new $3 trillion coronavirus relief plan [READ IT HERE]
- VIDEO: ‘The Five’ Panel Explodes After Donna Brazile Says THIS About the First Amendment
- REPORT: Judge orders State Department to produce Ukraine documents
- VIDEO: Police release redacted bodycam footage following death of George Floyd
- REPORT: These Obama officials are on GOP senators’ list for subpoenas amid Obama-era probe