REPORT: News publication names George Soros as 2018’s ‘Person of the Year’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NEWSBUSTERS.ORG:
The liberal media have always been selective about what to report on left-wing billionaire George Soros. But lately outlets have started blatantly defending and celebrating the left’s top donor, even naming him “Person of the Year.”
Financial Times announced Soros as its “Person of the Year” on Dec. 19, by promoting his “activism and liberal vision for the world.” FT called Soros the “standard bearer of liberal democracy and open society” and said his selection was “about the values he represents.”
The article goes on to state the following:
According to FT, those values were anti-authoritarianism, anti-intolerance and pro-media freedom and later in life “supporting issues ranging from migration to drug policy, and taking on the discrimination” against the Roma and Rohingya.
Highlighting those values made Soros heroic and non-controversial, yet he has also underwritten major liberal efforts promoting abortion, euthanasia, gay marriage, drug legalization, unions and government-funded media through his foundation’s donations to hundreds of liberal groups with hundreds of millions of dollars.
The paper glossed over Soros’s actions that “broke the Bank of England” and entirely ignored a past insider trading conviction in France.
To get more information about this article, please visit NEWSBUSTERS.ORG. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NFL releases statement on Kaepernick after workout stunt
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Chief Justice announces Ginsburg is ill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- VIDEO: ‘Crying like a little child’: Don Trump Jr. rips whistleblower over Clinton loss
- REPORT: Another traveling family attacked by cartel in northern Mexico, one dead
- VIDEO: Democrat against impeachment calls out party for ‘fracturing the nation’ with investigation
- VIDEO: Fox host hits MSNBC for impeachment coverage with George Conway
- REPORT: Michigan county seized retiree’s home over $8 debt – now he’s fighting back
- VIDEO: Former police officer fires back at Joy Behar for suggesting politicians keep gun confiscation a ‘secret’
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts