REPORT: Newspaper’s call for minority curfew sparks outrage
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBSLOCAL.COM:
RANCHO MURIETA (CBS13) — Inside the pages of the small, weekly Rancho Murieta newspaper the River Valley Times, the sentence generating big backlash is an opinion piece written in response to the police shooting of Stephon Clark.
It reads, “police have to be careful not to overact and you black men might be better off at home after a certain hour.”
The line is drawing a swift reaction.
Marcia Courson is the woman who wrote the controversial column. While she did not respond to requests for comment, her publisher, Dave Herburger, said in a phone interview: “We don’t condone the notion of a minority curfew.”
The Sacramento Bee reports that according to the latest census data, 89 percent of residents who live in Rancho Murieta are white, while one percent are black.
Local Columnist Suggests Curfew for Black Men after Stephon Clark Shooting https://t.co/RxmOe13kxu
— FOX40 News (@FOX40) April 14, 2018
Some examples of the social media outrage may be read below.
Guessing the person who wrote this – – – “police have to be careful not to overact and you black men might be better off at home after a certain hour.” – – was not using their brain at the time. Really?! WTH?!https://t.co/UkdwjsyCYE
— Rhonda (@Mom15411th) April 15, 2018
This is unacceptable, indefensible racism. https://t.co/DYBHUEOdSI
— thenewsjunkie (@thenewsjunkie) April 15, 2018
Oh my! It reads, ‘police have to be careful not to overact and you black men might be better off at home after a certain hour’ https://t.co/KztkIClme0
— KEVIN BULLARD (@KEVINBULLARD) April 15, 2018
Wow, she should have never even typed that smh..come on people we’re trying to move forward not backwards!!!
— gina (@mzvj) April 14, 2018
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CBSLOCAL.COM.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Christine Blasey Ford, accuser of Brett Kavanaugh, will testify in open hearing
- CLAIM: New Kavanaugh bombshell hinted at by news aggregator: ‘Another Woman?’
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh has records from 1982 that may help his defense against allegations
- REPORT: Poll shows how many people want FBI to investigate Kavanaugh allegation
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti representing woman with ‘credible information’ about Brett Kavanaugh
- VIDEO: Democrat reveals what she’ll grill Brett Kavanaugh about at hearing
- BREAKING: New Allegation of Sexual Misconduct From Kavanaugh’s College Years
- REPORT: Former Trump aide steps down from CNN role amid claims he drugged woman he got pregnant
- REPORT: Grassley releases letter detailing Kavanaugh sexual assault allegation
- BREAKING: Conservative actor James Woods locked out of Twitter