REPORT: Next governor will ask Walker to veto lame-duck legislation
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:
The incoming Democratic governor of Wisconsin said Wednesday that he plans to make a personal appeal to his defeated rival, Gov. Scott Walker, to veto far-reaching GOP legislation that would strip the new administration of some powers. If that doesn’t work, he might sue.
Wisconsin Republicans pushed through protests, internal disagreement and Democratic opposition to pass the bills after an all-night session. The measures would shift power to the GOP-controlled Legislature and weaken the authority of the office Republicans will lose in January.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The will of the people has officially been ignored by the Legislature,” Gov. Tony Evers said, adding that the lawmakers’ actions “take us back to Nov. 6,” before the election was finalized.
To get more information about this article, please visit ABCNews.GO.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting ABCNews.GO.com
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Ex-NASA engineer builds glitter bomb for EPIC revenge on package thieves
- BREAKING: AZ governor appoints McSally to John McCain’s Senate seat, Cindy McCain responds
- BREAKING: Judge rips into Michael Flynn for ‘serious’ offenses, delays sentencing
- UPDATE: Major advertisers announce they will stand by Tucker Carlson, won’t boycott
- JUST IN: Panel of judges makes decision on ethics complaints against Kavanaugh
- BREAKING: House Republicans release transcript of second James Comey interview (READ)
- BREAKING: Judge rules mystery company owned by foreign country must comply with grand jury subpoena, suspected of being part of Mueller’s investigation
- EXCLUSIVE: DML responds to Ocasio-Cortez for saying ‘GOP media’ is scared of her
- BREAKING: ‘Laverne & Shirley’ star Penny Marshall dies
- BREAKING: Andy Pollack, father of Parkland shooting victim, tweets announcement on school safety and Trump