REPORT: NFL, MLB to join record number of professional sports leagues in NYC Pride March
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by OUTSPORTS.COM:
The New York City Pride March on June 24 will feature the largest collection of professional sports leagues ever for an LGBTQ Pride March or Parade.
Virtually all of the major professional sports leagues based in the United States will all be taking part in the Pride March. The NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA and WNBA are all registered as leagues to march in the parade and will have floats. Major League Soccer and the National Women’s Hockey League will have employees and players marching as well.
In addition, other sports entities — like Outsports, whose contingent will feature 100+ LGBTQ athletes, coaches and others in sports — will take part. And a vast array of local LGBTQ sports leagues will participate as well.
This will be the sportiest Pride March ever.
The article goes on to state the following:
The National Football League will have a float in the parade that features former NFL player Ryan O’Callaghan, who came out publicly last year. The NFL is also sending O’Callaghan to the Outsports Pride Summit that Friday. Wade Davis, who often works closely with the league to further conversations about LGBTQ inclusion, will also be featured on the float. San Francisco 49ers coach Katie Sowers will march with Outsports as well.
Major League Baseball will feature a huge contingent of about 200 employees, including out former MLB umpire Dale Scott and gay MLB executive and former player Billy Bean. Also on the float will be deputy commissioner Dan Halem. In addition, MLB employees will volunteer at the Pride Run and Youth Pride on Saturday, June 23.
This will be the first time the NFL or MLB have participated in the Pride March.
To weigh in on this information provided by OUTSPORTS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
“This will be the sportiest Pride March ever.
The National Football League will have a float in the parade that features former NFL player Ryan O’Callaghan, who came out… https://t.co/JfwEEMulVo
— HRC Houston (@HRChouston) June 11, 2018
— Wade Davis II (@Wade_Davis28) June 10, 2018
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting OUTSPORTS.COM
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: New Mexico compound mysteriously destroyed by authorities
- UPDATE: Colorado girls’ bodies were submerged in crude oil for 4 days
- REPORT: ESPN makes announcement about national anthem for NFL games
- VIDEO: Chilling family videos emerge of murdered woman killed by husband
- VIDEO: Toddler recorded in family video praising the father accused of killing her
- REPORT: NYT gives estimate of tapes Omarosa believed to have in stash
- REPORT: Review of emails from DOJ’s Bruce Ohr reveals new details on dossier scandal
- BREAKING: Court deals another blow to Trump delay of an Obama regulation
- REPORT: Parkland shooter: Seven key facts hidden in the school district’s report
- BREAKING: Trump calls Justice official a ‘disgrace,’ vows to revoke clearance (Video)