REPORT: NFL, MLB to join record number of professional sports leagues in NYC Pride March
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by OUTSPORTS.COM:
The New York City Pride March on June 24 will feature the largest collection of professional sports leagues ever for an LGBTQ Pride March or Parade.
Virtually all of the major professional sports leagues based in the United States will all be taking part in the Pride March. The NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA and WNBA are all registered as leagues to march in the parade and will have floats. Major League Soccer and the National Women’s Hockey League will have employees and players marching as well.
In addition, other sports entities — like Outsports, whose contingent will feature 100+ LGBTQ athletes, coaches and others in sports — will take part. And a vast array of local LGBTQ sports leagues will participate as well.
This will be the sportiest Pride March ever.
The article goes on to state the following:
The National Football League will have a float in the parade that features former NFL player Ryan O’Callaghan, who came out publicly last year. The NFL is also sending O’Callaghan to the Outsports Pride Summit that Friday. Wade Davis, who often works closely with the league to further conversations about LGBTQ inclusion, will also be featured on the float. San Francisco 49ers coach Katie Sowers will march with Outsports as well.
Major League Baseball will feature a huge contingent of about 200 employees, including out former MLB umpire Dale Scott and gay MLB executive and former player Billy Bean. Also on the float will be deputy commissioner Dan Halem. In addition, MLB employees will volunteer at the Pride Run and Youth Pride on Saturday, June 23.
This will be the first time the NFL or MLB have participated in the Pride March.
To weigh in on this information provided by OUTSPORTS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
“This will be the sportiest Pride March ever.
The National Football League will have a float in the parade that features former NFL player Ryan O’Callaghan, who came out… https://t.co/JfwEEMulVo
— HRC Houston (@HRChouston) June 11, 2018
— Wade Davis II (@Wade_Davis28) June 10, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting OUTSPORTS.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rush to judgment? New details emerge on Native American elder’s standoff with MAGA-hat-wearing teens
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine tears Nancy Pelosi to shreds in blistering monologue, concludes with shocking image
- REPORT: Plane makes emergency landing over poison concerns after passengers start ‘turning green,’ ‘suffocating’
- VIDEO: Liz Cheney: Pelosi ‘Commandeered’ The House On DACA Issue She’s Now Voting Against
- REPORT: Boy’s mother defends son after video of encounter with Native American man
- UPDATE: Thousands sign Catholic high school petition after students harass Native American man
- TRUMP TWEETS Pelosi and economy, DML responds
- REPORT: Jimmy Carter tells Dem Senator: ‘I hope you run for president’
- REPORT: Cardi B and Tomi Lahren get into Twitter fight over government shutdown, Ocasio-Cortez wades in
- REPORT: Longtime Dem to young congress members: ‘stop acting like young people’, Ocasio-Cortez responds