REPORT: NFL, MLB to join record number of professional sports leagues in NYC Pride March
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by OUTSPORTS.COM:
The New York City Pride March on June 24 will feature the largest collection of professional sports leagues ever for an LGBTQ Pride March or Parade.
Virtually all of the major professional sports leagues based in the United States will all be taking part in the Pride March. The NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA and WNBA are all registered as leagues to march in the parade and will have floats. Major League Soccer and the National Women’s Hockey League will have employees and players marching as well.
In addition, other sports entities — like Outsports, whose contingent will feature 100+ LGBTQ athletes, coaches and others in sports — will take part. And a vast array of local LGBTQ sports leagues will participate as well.
This will be the sportiest Pride March ever.
The article goes on to state the following:
The National Football League will have a float in the parade that features former NFL player Ryan O’Callaghan, who came out publicly last year. The NFL is also sending O’Callaghan to the Outsports Pride Summit that Friday. Wade Davis, who often works closely with the league to further conversations about LGBTQ inclusion, will also be featured on the float. San Francisco 49ers coach Katie Sowers will march with Outsports as well.
Major League Baseball will feature a huge contingent of about 200 employees, including out former MLB umpire Dale Scott and gay MLB executive and former player Billy Bean. Also on the float will be deputy commissioner Dan Halem. In addition, MLB employees will volunteer at the Pride Run and Youth Pride on Saturday, June 23.
This will be the first time the NFL or MLB have participated in the Pride March.
To weigh in on this information provided by OUTSPORTS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
“This will be the sportiest Pride March ever.
The National Football League will have a float in the parade that features former NFL player Ryan O’Callaghan, who came out… https://t.co/JfwEEMulVo
— HRC Houston (@HRChouston) June 11, 2018
— Wade Davis II (@Wade_Davis28) June 10, 2018
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting OUTSPORTS.COM
Trending on DML News
- Hillary raises over $150k in just a few hours for illegals, DML responds
- POLL: Should kids be separated from illegal alien parents at border?
- BREAKING: Peter Strzok escorted out of FBI building amid investigation
- DML TV: Hillary says Trump spreading downright lies about border, DML responds
- UPDATE: Ex-CIA engineer charged in connection to huge breach known as Vault 7
- REPORT: Florida mom arrested after leaving 3-year-old in car for 12 hours
- REPORT: Trump plan to claw back billions in spending facing uncertain future
- REPORT: Kansas Judge Rules on Law Requiring Voters to Show Proof of Citizenship
- REPORT: ICE demands apology from New Yorker over tattoo claim
- BREAKING: L.A. sheriff’s detectives seize over 500 firearms from felon’s home (photos)