REPORT: NFL players union files grievance over new anthem policy
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The NFL Players’ Association (NFLPA) filed a grievance against the NFL on Tuesday over the league’s new policy requiring players to remain standing during the national anthem.
“The union’s claim is that this new policy, imposed by the NFL’s governing body without consultation with the NFLPA, is inconsistent with the collective bargaining agreement and infringes on player rights,” the NFLPA said in a statement.
The article goes on to state the following:
The union said the NFL had also agreed to holding “confidential discussions” with the NFLPA to find a solution instead of immediately moving to legal action.
NFL owners voted in May to approve a policy requiring players on the field to stand during the national anthem. Players who kneel or are otherwise disrespectful during the anthem are subject to a fine.
Players are allowed to stay in the locker room under the new policy, which was adopted after months of controversy surrounding the anthem protests.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Obama lashes out at Republicans over ruling against his ‘Obamacare’ program’, urges more people to enroll
- VIDEO: Trump makes unannounced visit to Arlington National Cemetery during laying of wreaths
- VIDEO: Father of Guatemalan girl who died in US custody speaks out
- VIDEO: Walmart employee goes rogue, uses intercom to announce he’s quitting: ‘Nobody should work here – ever!’
- REPORT: Documents reveal urgent actions taken by Obama State Department on ‘Russiagate’ just prior to Trump inauguration
- REPORT: John McCain’s family turns on Martha McSally
- REPORT: Bombshell report contradicts Kamala Harris’s claim denying knowledge of misconduct allegations against aide
- VIDEO: Ginsburg responds to question about her health and her ribs
- VIDEO: Here’s why a Vermont man put up a giant, illuminated middle finger sculpture on his front lawn
- BREAKING: Hillary Clinton files new answers under oath about email system, blames husband’s aide