REPORT: NFL players union files grievance over new anthem policy
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The NFL Players’ Association (NFLPA) filed a grievance against the NFL on Tuesday over the league’s new policy requiring players to remain standing during the national anthem.
“The union’s claim is that this new policy, imposed by the NFL’s governing body without consultation with the NFLPA, is inconsistent with the collective bargaining agreement and infringes on player rights,” the NFLPA said in a statement.
The article goes on to state the following:
The union said the NFL had also agreed to holding “confidential discussions” with the NFLPA to find a solution instead of immediately moving to legal action.
NFL owners voted in May to approve a policy requiring players on the field to stand during the national anthem. Players who kneel or are otherwise disrespectful during the anthem are subject to a fine.
Players are allowed to stay in the locker room under the new policy, which was adopted after months of controversy surrounding the anthem protests.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Should Whoopi issue a public apology to Judge Jeanine?
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine Pirro’s guest appearance on ‘The View’ ends in explosive scene with Whoopi
- REPORT: Co-Host of ‘The Five’ Is Reportedly Leaving Fox News
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr screams about Valerie Jarrett in bizarre new video
- BREAKING: Michael Cohen Secretly Taped Trump Discussing Payment (video)
- VIDEO: Whoopi Goldberg: Pirro wasn’t kicked out, she left cursing at staff
- BREAKING: RNC chooses city to host 2020 convention
- BREAKING: Surviving member of family who perished in duck boat crash gives heartbreaking interview (VIDEO)
- Trump Tweets: “Should have been done years ago!”
- REPORT: Man arrested for allegedly killing co-worker by forcing compressed air up his buttocks