REPORT: North Korea defiantly fires new ballistic missile (video)
South Korea’s Yonhap News Agency has reported that North Korea fired a ballistic missile Wednesday morning, local time, launching it eastward.
“North Korea launched an unidentified ballistic missile eastward from the vicinity of Pyongsong, South Pyongan Province, at dawn today,” Yonhap quoted the Joint Chiefs of Staff as saying.
Reuters reported Monday that Japanese officials picked up on radio signals and had an idea that North Korea was about to launch the missile, which put them on high alert.
The missile reportedly landed in the sea near Japan.
It is North Korea’s first launch in over two months. Prior to that, the country had fired off 15 missiles and detonated one nuclear bomb in a nine-month period.
South Korean officials said Tuesday that North Korea could complete its development of a nuclear-tipped intercontinental ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States within the next year.
“North Korea has been developing its nuclear weapons at a faster-than-expected pace,” Cho Myoung Gyon, South Korea’s unification minister, told reporters in Seoul, according to USA Today.
“North Korea hasn’t been engaging in new nuclear or missile tests, but recently, we’ve seen them persistently testing engines and carrying out fuel tests,” said Cho, prior to Tuesday’s launch.
#BREAKING: South Korean officials report North Korea has launched a missile eastward from Pyongan province. It fell into the sea near Japan according to Japan’s coast guard.
North Korea has launched more than a dozen missiles this year.
— AJ+ (@ajplus) November 28, 2017
North Korea’s ballistic missile may have landed in Japanese territory, says Japan https://t.co/TWptdLlI1x
— The Independent (@Independent) November 28, 2017
— MSNBC (@MSNBC) November 28, 2017
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Democrat calls for investigation into Elaine Chao after Mitch McConnell campaign boasts Kentucky ties
- REPORT: Poll reveals percentage of Dems who want candidates to discuss Hunter Biden
- Human waste map reveals major city is largest ‘s***hole’ in America
- REPORT: CNN responds to ‘rumor’ Trump tweeted about network’s Jeff Zucker
- HAPPENING NOW: Democratic candidates debate in Ohio
- VIDEO: ‘Cooper, Your Bias is Showing’: Debate Moderator Slammed For Biden Question
- Soros, Pelosi to speak at 3-day ‘Resistance’ conference
- REPORT: ‘Saturday Night Live’ sees big change in ratings
- BREAKING: Manafort partner describes funneling millions through Cyprus accounts
- VIDEO: State poll shows this Dem on top – and she’s not in the race