REPORT: North Korea defiantly fires new ballistic missile (video)
South Korea’s Yonhap News Agency has reported that North Korea fired a ballistic missile Wednesday morning, local time, launching it eastward.
“North Korea launched an unidentified ballistic missile eastward from the vicinity of Pyongsong, South Pyongan Province, at dawn today,” Yonhap quoted the Joint Chiefs of Staff as saying.
Reuters reported Monday that Japanese officials picked up on radio signals and had an idea that North Korea was about to launch the missile, which put them on high alert.
The missile reportedly landed in the sea near Japan.
It is North Korea’s first launch in over two months. Prior to that, the country had fired off 15 missiles and detonated one nuclear bomb in a nine-month period.
South Korean officials said Tuesday that North Korea could complete its development of a nuclear-tipped intercontinental ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States within the next year.
“North Korea has been developing its nuclear weapons at a faster-than-expected pace,” Cho Myoung Gyon, South Korea’s unification minister, told reporters in Seoul, according to USA Today.
“North Korea hasn’t been engaging in new nuclear or missile tests, but recently, we’ve seen them persistently testing engines and carrying out fuel tests,” said Cho, prior to Tuesday’s launch.
#BREAKING: South Korean officials report North Korea has launched a missile eastward from Pyongan province. It fell into the sea near Japan according to Japan’s coast guard.
North Korea has launched more than a dozen missiles this year.
— AJ+ (@ajplus) November 28, 2017
North Korea’s ballistic missile may have landed in Japanese territory, says Japan https://t.co/TWptdLlI1x
— The Independent (@Independent) November 28, 2017
— MSNBC (@MSNBC) November 28, 2017
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- VIDEO: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It’: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes When Confronted About Native American Claims
- REPORT: Biden: ‘Nobody warned me’ about Hunter and Ukraine because Beau was dying
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- VIDEO: Graham: We Will End Impeachment Trial ‘As Quickly As Possible’
- VIDEO: Protestor interrupts impeachment hearing, screams at Nadler, hauled out of room
- VIDEO: ‘They’re irrelevant’: Nadler defends not calling Republican witnesses for impeachment
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott