REPORT: North Korea ready for dialogue or confrontation with U.S.
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
SEOUL (Reuters) – North Korean Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho said on Friday Pyongyang is ready for both dialogue and confrontation with the United States, warning Washington that continuing with sanctions would be a miscalculation, according to state media KCNA.
Working-level talks between the United States and North Korea have yet to restart since stalling after the failed second summit between U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in Hanoi in February.
The article goes on to state the following:
Trump and Kim met again in June at the inter-Korean border and agreed to reopen negotiations, but that has not happened as yet.
“If the U.S. is still dreaming of achieving everything with sanctions, we must either let it dream on or shatter that dream,” Ri said.
“We are prepared for both dialogue and confrontation. If the U.S. tries to confront us with sanctions and not abandon its confrontational posture, it would be a miscalculation.”
Meanwhile, Wednesday the United States said it’s ready to restart nuclear negotiations with North Korea, Military Times reports, citing a “senior U.S. diplomat.”
Trump and Kim met again in June at the inter-Korean border and agreed to reopen negotiations, but that has not happened as yet.https://t.co/KYVnrZgDms
— Global National (@GlobalNational) August 23, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Father-of-three blows up home on day of daughter’s wedding
- REPORT: Liberal paper passed on thinly sourced Kavanaugh story before NYT published it
- REPORT: Kim Jong Un sends invitation to President Trump
- Growing ‘Garbage Patch’ in ocean is 3 times the size of France (videos)
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- Man tries to bribe wheelchair-bound woman after sexually assaulting her
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez makes request on Manafort being sent to Rikers Island