REPORT: North, South Korea to hold talks before possible Pyongyang summit
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
SEOUL (Reuters) – North and South Korean officials are scheduled to hold high-level negotiations on Monday, with one South Korean newspaper report suggesting the two sides could be planning for a summit in Pyongyang later this month.
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and South Korean President Moon Jae-in met in April at a truce village along their mutual border and agreed to have another summit in autumn, this time in North Korea’s capital, Pyongyang.
The article goes on to state the following:
Citing an unidentified South Korean official, the newspaper Kookmin Ilbo reported on Monday that summit could be held as soon as late August. The schedule had mostly been coordinated with North Korea and the summit would likely be held in Pyongyang, it said.
A spokesman for South Korea’s presidential Blue House said on Sunday officials hoped such details would be decided at Monday’s talks.
North, South Korea to hold talks before possible Pyongyang summit https://t.co/cMdH5KsZdT
— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) August 13, 2018
— Channel NewsAsia (@ChannelNewsAsia) August 13, 2018
Officials from North and South Korea will discuss arranging a third summit meeting between Kim Jong-un and President Moon Jae-in https://t.co/apK3s3aUI9
— New York Times World (@nytimesworld) August 9, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by REUTERS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting REUTERS.COM
Trending on DML News
- Mexico helicopter crash kills more than a dozen day after earthquake (pictures)
- DML TV
- BREAKING: President Trump is removing US Secret Service director
- VIDEO: State of the Union attendees sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to survivor of Holocaust, 2018 synagogue shooting
- REPORT: Pelosi announces next move on Mueller report: ‘Congress will not be silent’
- BREAKING: US intelligence accuses China of using student spies to steal secrets
- REPORT: Activist Actress: “I do not have equal rights… because I have a vagina”
- SHARE VIDEO: DML warns President Trump of another hidden cost of illegal immigration
- VIDEO: Colbert hits Trump after Mueller report over ‘I’m f***d’ statement
- Dan Bongino blasts out explosive Twitter Storm on FISA Abuse memo