REPORT: NY Times writer calls for media to work together to hurt Trump
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Liberal New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman said the news media should work together and saturate the public with negative coverage of President Trump in order to erode his popularity among Republican voters.
Friedman said in an op-ed published Wednesday afternoon that if the media emphasize Trump’s personality instead of news about the strong economy, it may discourage enough GOP voters from continuing to support the president and benefit Democrats.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Some healthy soul searching is taking place in newsrooms across the country these days over whether the mainstream media should be covering President Trump’s every tweet and rally,” Friedman wrote. “My answer: Absolutely! It’s the right thing for us to do professionally, and, as last night’s election results indicated, it’s the right thing to do politically if you want to see a check on Donald Trump’s power.”
“No question that the press should not allow itself to be props at Trump’s rallies, and that can be dealt with by using a single pool camera that feeds all the networks, or reporters just sitting among the rally attendees, not in a special pen,” he wrote. “But the whole country needs to see every tweet, every rally, every word and every reaction so that they can ask themselves: ‘Is this who I want my kids to see as our president? Are these the people with whom I want to be aligned?’ It’s too late to move Trump’s core base on these questions, but I would not give up on his passive supporters.”
My latest on-line column: Keep Up the Blanket Coverage of Trump. It Hurts Him. https://t.co/QAjyjHqAk0
— Thomas L. Friedman (@tomfriedman) August 8, 2018
“Just a little wave of disgust among Republican moderates is all that is needed to turn several key states from red to blue,” Friedman declared in his opinion editorial.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Ohio woman’s cancer disappears after groundbreaking clinical trial
- REPORT: McConnell responds to news of fiery White House meeting
- REPORT: Vice President Pence became a viral meme on Twitter today
- VIDEO: Two Youth Severely Injured after Falling off Border Wall
- REPORT: The one particular person who wasn’t invited to George H.W. Bush’s funeral
- BREAKING: Mexico is closing off border in key region
- BREAKING: Sentence announced for Michael Cohen, President Trump’s Ex-Lawyer
- BREAKING: Publisher of National Enquirer claims it paid hush money to help Trump
- REPORT: Dad heard three-year-old daughter scream as uncle slashed her throat (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Child commits suicide after classmates taunted ‘kill yourself’, bullied her for having white friend