REPORT: NYC public schools announce new policy on students changing gender, name
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:
The New York City Department of Education announced recently that all students will be permitted to change their names and genders at will.
According to a press release, students at the New York City public school will be permitted to change their name and gender without providing proper legal documentation. Instead of first changing their name at city hall, students will be permitted to change their personal identifiers with the New York City school system itself. However, students will be required to obtain their parent’s permission before requesting a name change.
The article goes on to state the following:
The new policy, which was highlighted this week by The College Fix, was announced by New York City Schools Chancellor Richard Carranza, who argued that the policy will provide comprehensive support for transgender students.
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio’s wife Chirlane McCray, tweeted in support of the new police, writing, “Our city’s LGBTQ young people deserve to live freely, with respect and without fear. I’m proud New York City is leading the way to that goal and investing in our young people’s futures. #Pride.”
Our city’s LGBTQ young people deserve to live freely, with respect and without fear. I’m proud New York City is leading the way to that goal and investing in our young people’s futures. #Pride https://t.co/8qXqzdjTzQ
— Chirlane McCray (@NYCFirstLady) July 5, 2019
The press release included the following statement:
For the first time, students will be able to change their name and gender on school records with a parent or guardian’s permission, without legal documentation. Families will also be able to self-report their child’s gender upon enrolling in a DOE school.
The guidelines will take effect at the start of the 2019-20 school year and ensure that students’ identities are affirmed, respected, and supported in schools.
“Schools are safe havens for students to develop their passions and discover their true identities, and these new guidelines celebrate and affirm all students,” said Schools Chancellor Richard A. Carranza. “This Pride Month, I’m thrilled to send a clear message to our students—we celebrate you, we respect you, and we support you.”
The New York City Department of Education announced recently that all students will be permitted to change their names and genders at will. https://t.co/7CziKTGXGD
— Breitbart News (@BreitbartNews) July 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit BREITBART.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: AOC makes shocking statement about Mitch McConnell
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
- REPORT: Screenwriter Behind ‘The Hate U Give,’ Dies Day Before Film Premiere
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Team DML Membership Confirmation
- VIDEO: Kevin McCarthy condemns House vote on Trump’s ‘go back’ comments
- The eye-opening list of donors to the Clinton Foundation (list)