REPORT: NYC sets minimum wage for Uber, Lyft drivers
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
New York City’s Taxi and Limousine Commission voted Tuesday to set a minimum hourly wage for Uber and Lyft drivers.
The new rules passed by the commission set the minimum wage at $17.22 an hour and make New York the first U.S. city to establish a minimum pay rate for those drivers, the Independent Drivers Guild said in a statement.
The article goes on to state the following:
The new minimum pay rules will go into effect at the end of the year and are expected to raise pay by $9,600 annually for drivers, according to an analysis by the Taxi and Limousine Commission.
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Obama lashes out at Republicans over ruling against his ‘Obamacare’ program’, urges more people to enroll
- VIDEO: Trump makes unannounced visit to Arlington National Cemetery during laying of wreaths
- REPORT: Documents reveal urgent actions taken by Obama State Department on ‘Russiagate’ just prior to Trump inauguration
- VIDEO: Father of Guatemalan girl who died in US custody speaks out
- REPORT: John McCain’s family turns on Martha McSally
- VIDEO: Walmart employee goes rogue, uses intercom to announce he’s quitting: ‘Nobody should work here – ever!’
- BREAKING: FBI Releases Key Steele Dossier Document
- Trump Tweet: Outrage over new discovery on texts between Strzok and Page
- REPORT: As ICE releases migrant families by the hundreds, churches and businesses step up to help
- REPORT: Bombshell report contradicts Kamala Harris’s claim denying knowledge of misconduct allegations against aide