REPORT: NYT claims Trump revived sanctuary city plan to distract from Mueller report release
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump reportedly publicly revived an earlier proposal to release migrants in sanctuary cities in part to distract from lingering questions about special counsel Robert Mueller’s report, according to the New York Times..
Shortly after news broke that the administration had rejected the idea, Trump sent a series of tweets claiming it was still being considered. Trump has deliberately escalated his language to enliven his base since the Mueller investigation’s conclusion, according to the Times.
The article goes on to state the following:
Once Attorney General William Barr delivers the redacted report, the White House reportedly plans to have aides speed-read it, skipping all sections related to potential criminal conspiracy and reading only the section on why Mueller was unable to determine whether Trump obstructed justice.
Trump has pushed the idea of sending immigrant detainees to sanctuary cities, “in part, people close to him said, to distract from the Mueller report.” https://t.co/zNZgceJ2OH pic.twitter.com/HeRgTeJKsi
— Eric Umansky (@ericuman) April 15, 2019
— Law & Crime (@lawcrimenews) April 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- Illegal alien stowaways die after falling off plane (video)
- Officer kills suspect who mowed down pedestrian in Philly (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: President Trump under attack! How to show your support
- POLL: Most Americans believe Obama improperly surveilled Trump
- BREAKING: Pelosi releases blistering statement on Trump’s offer to legalize Dreamers for wall money
- REPORT: Omar fires off angry message to Trump about congressional ‘#MuslimBan’
- REPORT: Rachel Dolezal comes out as bisexual during Pride Month
- REPORT: Dozens died in North Korean earthquake