REPORT: How the Oak Ridge Boys kept this solemn promise to George H.W. Bush
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TENNESSEAN.COM:
The Oak Ridge Boys have taken a suit and tie everywhere they’ve gone for the last couple of months in preparation for the call members knew was coming sooner than later.
Long before his death, former president George H. W. Bush wrote that he wanted his favorite group – The Oak Ridge Boys – to sing “Amazing Grace” at his funeral. When Bush, the nation’s 41st president, passed away Friday, Oak Ridge Boys members were ready to show up whenever they were needed. Suits in hand, the men will board a private jet Wednesday night following their concert in Spokane, Wash., to fly overnight to Houston, Texas. About four hours after they land, they’ll start preparing for Bush’s hometown funeral service.
The article goes on to state the following:
“It’s what you do for friends,” said the Oak Ridge Boys’ Duane Allen.
— WFAA (@wfaa) December 6, 2018
— Tennessean (@Tennessean) December 5, 2018
Bush’s funeral in Houston can be viewed in the video below, which will include a performance by the Oak Ridge Boys of Amazing Grace.
To get more information about this article, please visit TENNESSEAN.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TENNESSEAN.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: New details emerge on judge who upheld subpoenas on Trump’s bank records
- BREAKING: Lone Republican blocks House passage of disaster relief bill
- REPORT: Calif. Senate passes humongous spending plan that would expand benefits to people in U.S. illegally
- REPORT: House Intelligence enjoys breakthrough with Justice Department
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham predicts Dems’ reaction to declassification of documents on Trump campaign surveillance
- REPORT: Trump, Pelosi wage Twitter war over ‘stammer’ video
- REPORT: Meteorologist fact-checks Ocasio-Cortez after her bizarre claim about tornado
- REPORT: Suspected illegal immigrant accused of impregnating 11-year-old girl [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Twitter permanently bans two famous Trump antagonists
- REPORT: Harvey Weinstein reaches massive deal to settle sex assault civil suits