REPORT: How the Oak Ridge Boys kept this solemn promise to George H.W. Bush
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TENNESSEAN.COM:
The Oak Ridge Boys have taken a suit and tie everywhere they’ve gone for the last couple of months in preparation for the call members knew was coming sooner than later.
Long before his death, former president George H. W. Bush wrote that he wanted his favorite group – The Oak Ridge Boys – to sing “Amazing Grace” at his funeral. When Bush, the nation’s 41st president, passed away Friday, Oak Ridge Boys members were ready to show up whenever they were needed. Suits in hand, the men will board a private jet Wednesday night following their concert in Spokane, Wash., to fly overnight to Houston, Texas. About four hours after they land, they’ll start preparing for Bush’s hometown funeral service.
The article goes on to state the following:
“It’s what you do for friends,” said the Oak Ridge Boys’ Duane Allen.
— WFAA (@wfaa) December 6, 2018
— Tennessean (@Tennessean) December 5, 2018
Bush’s funeral in Houston can be viewed in the video below, which will include a performance by the Oak Ridge Boys of Amazing Grace.
To get more information about this article, please visit TENNESSEAN.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TENNESSEAN.COM
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Ex-NASA engineer builds glitter bomb for EPIC revenge on package thieves
- BREAKING: AZ governor appoints McSally to John McCain’s Senate seat, Cindy McCain responds
- BREAKING: Judge rips into Michael Flynn for ‘serious’ offenses, delays sentencing
- UPDATE: Major advertisers announce they will stand by Tucker Carlson, won’t boycott
- JUST IN: Panel of judges makes decision on ethics complaints against Kavanaugh
- BREAKING: House Republicans release transcript of second James Comey interview (READ)
- BREAKING: Judge rules mystery company owned by foreign country must comply with grand jury subpoena, suspected of being part of Mueller’s investigation
- EXCLUSIVE: DML responds to Ocasio-Cortez for saying ‘GOP media’ is scared of her
- BREAKING: ‘Laverne & Shirley’ star Penny Marshall dies
- BREAKING: Andy Pollack, father of Parkland shooting victim, tweets announcement on school safety and Trump