REPORT: Obama claims Republicans have agreed to ‘put up with crazy’ to accomplish their agenda
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Former President Barack Obama argued that Republican lawmakers were going along with “crazy” in order to advance their political priorities, comments that came as he has recently hit the campaign trail prior to the 2018 midterm elections.
“What you’re seeing is Republicans in Congress who are bending over backwards to try to shield and deflect oversight of this behavior and accountability and consequences,” Obama said Thursday at a rally for Ohio gubernatorial candidate Richard Cordray. “This is serious. You know it is. And frankly even some of the Republicans know it is. They will say it, they just don’t do anything about it.”
“You will read quotes from Republicans saying, ‘Wow, this is messed up,’” Obama said. “Well, why aren’t you doing something about it? ‘Well, we can’t, because we really like these tax cuts for the wealthy. … So we’ll put up with crazy.’”
— NikkiNu (@MzNikkiNew) September 14, 2018
The article goes on to state the following:
Obama then said that Republicans had agreed to “put up with crazy” to accomplish priorities like tax reform and deregulation, and said the midterm races were an opportunity to “restore some sanity” to the political arena.
“This is not normal what we’re seeing. It is radical,” Obama said. “It is a vision that says that it’s more important for those who are in power to protect that power even when it hurts the country.”
Obama expressed similar sentiments last week where he attacked Trump by name — marking a first for the former president — and claimed that Trump was a “symptom, not the cause” of division being sown in American politics.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Christine Blasey Ford, accuser of Brett Kavanaugh, will testify in open hearing
- CLAIM: New Kavanaugh bombshell hinted at by news aggregator: ‘Another Woman?’
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh has records from 1982 that may help his defense against allegations
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti representing woman with ‘credible information’ about Brett Kavanaugh
- REPORT: Grassley releases letter detailing Kavanaugh sexual assault allegation
- REPORT: Poll shows how many people want FBI to investigate Kavanaugh allegation
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh defends himself against second sexual misconduct accusation
- VIDEO: Democrat reveals what she’ll grill Brett Kavanaugh about at hearing
- BREAKING: New Allegation of Sexual Misconduct From Kavanaugh’s College Years
- REPORT: Former Trump aide steps down from CNN role amid claims he drugged woman he got pregnant