REPORT: Obama claims Republicans have agreed to ‘put up with crazy’ to accomplish their agenda
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Former President Barack Obama argued that Republican lawmakers were going along with “crazy” in order to advance their political priorities, comments that came as he has recently hit the campaign trail prior to the 2018 midterm elections.
“What you’re seeing is Republicans in Congress who are bending over backwards to try to shield and deflect oversight of this behavior and accountability and consequences,” Obama said Thursday at a rally for Ohio gubernatorial candidate Richard Cordray. “This is serious. You know it is. And frankly even some of the Republicans know it is. They will say it, they just don’t do anything about it.”
“You will read quotes from Republicans saying, ‘Wow, this is messed up,’” Obama said. “Well, why aren’t you doing something about it? ‘Well, we can’t, because we really like these tax cuts for the wealthy. … So we’ll put up with crazy.’”
— NikkiNu (@MzNikkiNew) September 14, 2018
The article goes on to state the following:
Obama then said that Republicans had agreed to “put up with crazy” to accomplish priorities like tax reform and deregulation, and said the midterm races were an opportunity to “restore some sanity” to the political arena.
“This is not normal what we’re seeing. It is radical,” Obama said. “It is a vision that says that it’s more important for those who are in power to protect that power even when it hurts the country.”
Obama expressed similar sentiments last week where he attacked Trump by name — marking a first for the former president — and claimed that Trump was a “symptom, not the cause” of division being sown in American politics.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Screenwriter Behind ‘The Hate U Give,’ Dies Day Before Film Premiere
- REPORT: AOC makes shocking statement about Mitch McConnell
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Elementary teacher suspended over sexual orientation talk with students
- REPORT: Mexico makes stunning claim on where funding for migrant caravan came from
- VIDEO: Kevin McCarthy condemns House vote on Trump’s ‘go back’ comments