REPORT: Obama ethics chief accuses Trump of violating emoluments clause
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Norm Eisen, the top ethics official under former President Obama, is accusing President Trump of violating the Emoluments Clause.
Eisen on Monday tweeted in response to a recent report that a major development project linked to Trump in Indonesia is expected to be supported by $500 million from the Chinese government.
The article goes on to state the following:
“This is a violation of the Emoluments Clause,” Eisen tweeted. “A big one. See you in court Mr. Trump.”
The South China Morning Post reported that $500 million in Chinese government loans will support construction of MNC Lido City, a billion-dollar resort and theme park project that will feature Trump-branded hotels and a golf course.
Richard Painter, former President George W. Bush’s chief ethics lawyer, also told the South China Morning Post that the project could violate the emoluments clause, and said he “would have advised” Trump to sell his holdings in the project.
This is a violation of the Emoluments Clause. A big one. See you in court Mr. Trump https://t.co/JuSmCYChyh
— Norm Eisen (@NormEisen) May 14, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Husband confesses to killing pregnant wife, 2 daughters
- BREAKING: Omarosa releases secret tape of Lara Trump offering her campaign job after firing (Video)
- REPORT: Lara Trump fires back over secret Omarosa tape
- REPORT: Pregnant mom and her 2 daughters missing, may be endangered
- REPORT: School cancels classes after parents threaten ‘open hunting season’ on transgender girl
- Trump Tweet: Trolls Omarosa with special video
- UPDATE: Bodies believed to be pregnant Colorado mom, kids found on oil property (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds to Trump revoking Brennan’s security clearance
- VIDEO: Police make arrest after 46 people overdose at Connecticut park
- BREAKING: Suspected ISIS member arrested in Sacramento County, allegedly committed ‘most heinous crimes’