REPORT: Obama lawyer plotted to place ‘credible’ article in New York Times: Court testimony
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Rick Gates, the former business partner of Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, has testified that former Obama White House counsel Greg Craig helped spin a report in the media on behalf of the Kremlin-linked Ukrainian government.
The Justice Department’s case against Craig, 74, stems from Robert Mueller’s special counsel investigation. It focuses on the public relations work performed for Ukraine by Craig and the law firm he worked for — Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher, and Flom — throughout 2012.
The article goes on to state the following:
Manafort, found guilty of tax and bank fraud and other violations, worked alongside Gates to assist President Viktor Yanukovych. Skadden and Craig worked out a deal with Manafort for a report on Ukraine’s controversial prosecution of former Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko.
Gates pleaded guilty to conspiracy and false statements. He’s cooperating with the government, taking the stand for Thursday since testifying against Manafort last year.
BREAKING: Rick Gates just testified that he told both Tony Podesta and Vin Weber that the the pro-Ukrainian organization they represented was actually a front group for the Ukrainian government. Running story from Greg Craig trial here: https://t.co/hBBLOKGIJB
— Josh Gerstein (@joshgerstein) August 22, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Father-of-three blows up home on day of daughter’s wedding
- REPORT: Liberal paper passed on thinly sourced Kavanaugh story before NYT published it
- REPORT: Kim Jong Un sends invitation to President Trump
- Growing ‘Garbage Patch’ in ocean is 3 times the size of France (videos)
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- Man tries to bribe wheelchair-bound woman after sexually assaulting her
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez makes request on Manafort being sent to Rikers Island