REPORT: Obama-linked group ready to pounce on 2018 midterms
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Organizing for Action, a political committee formed by former President Barack Obama, is preparing to take action in the 2018 midterm elections with a program targeting more than two dozen congressional races and get left-leaning voters to turn out in key state elections.
The nonprofit group that stemmed from Obama’s campaign apparatus plans to try and convert 27 Republican-held districts to Democrat by sending organizers to those districts to train volunteers to help in their respective states, the New York Times reports.
The article goes on to state the following:
Organizing for Action previously announced it would be partnering with a committee led by Obama’s former attorney general Eric Holder to go after legislative gerrymandering in the 2018 midterms. The committee’s efforts will also be focusing on the elections that could affect the redrawing of congressional maps after the 2020 Census, including the race for governor in Florida and Wisconsin.
“This is an all-hands-on-deck moment for the progressive movement,” spokesman for Organizing for Action Jesse Lehrich said. “We’re fired up that OFA can play its part by doing what we do best — community organizing.’’
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
This work starts now. We don’t have a day to waste until November 6.
— OFA (@OFA) June 12, 2018
@OFA is showing up. “In no uncertain terms that recapturing the House and helping Democrats gain more influence in the redistricting process were two of his top goals” #OFAction — Let’s do this. https://t.co/QSpQvJKyYp pic.twitter.com/OYpgMg5bwR
— Alexis Conavay (@AlexConavay) June 12, 2018
November will have a huge impact on the issues that affect our everyday lives. It’s time to organize our communities to get involved. #OFAction
Obama-Linked Group to Mobilize Democrats in Battle for House: https://t.co/MrglhjQ8Ce
— Alex Woodward (@alex_woodward) June 12, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rush to judgment? New details emerge on Native American elder’s standoff with MAGA-hat-wearing teens
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine tears Nancy Pelosi to shreds in blistering monologue, concludes with shocking image
- REPORT: Plane makes emergency landing over poison concerns after passengers start ‘turning green,’ ‘suffocating’
- VIDEO: Liz Cheney: Pelosi ‘Commandeered’ The House On DACA Issue She’s Now Voting Against
- REPORT: Boy’s mother defends son after video of encounter with Native American man
- UPDATE: Thousands sign Catholic high school petition after students harass Native American man
- TRUMP TWEETS Pelosi and economy, DML responds
- REPORT: Jimmy Carter tells Dem Senator: ‘I hope you run for president’
- REPORT: Cardi B and Tomi Lahren get into Twitter fight over government shutdown, Ocasio-Cortez wades in
- REPORT: Longtime Dem to young congress members: ‘stop acting like young people’, Ocasio-Cortez responds