REPORT: Obituary for mom who died of drug overdose goes viral
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
A family’s open and honest obituary for their 30-year-old daughter who died of a drug overdose earlier this month has reached thousands online, with many sharing their own stories of addiction while thanking the parents for not hiding their child’s struggles. Madelyn Ellen Linsenmeir, who died on Oct. 7 and leaves behind her 4-year-old son, Ayden, was first introduced to drugs at age 16 following her family’s move from Vermont to Florida.
According to the obituary, which was published in the Burlington Free Press, Linsenmeir first tried OxyContin at a high school party, which led to a dangerous relationship with opioids that would ultimately take her life.
The article goes on to state the following:
“It is impossible to capture a person in an obituary, and especially someone whose adult life was largely defined by drug addiction,” her parents wrote. “To some, Maddie was just a junkie – when they saw her addiction they stopped seeing her. And what a loss for them. Because Maddie was hilarious, and warm, and fearless, and resilient. She could and would talk to anyone, and when you were in her company you wanted to stay.”
“In a system that seems to have hardened itself against addicts and is failing them every day, she befriended and delighted cops, social workers, public defenders and doctors, who advocated for and believed in her till the end,” the obituary said.
CLICK HERE to read more from Fox News.
This is the most honest and devastating obituary you will ever read about a person who died from opioid addiction: https://t.co/P1SskBNLc6
— Lauren Ober (@OberandOut) October 16, 2018
“To some, Maddie was just a junkie — when they saw her addiction they stopped seeing her. And what a loss for them,” ==> A grieving family has penned a heartbreaking obituary for Madelyn Ellen Linsenmeir, a 30-year-old single mother. https://t.co/mblENuaPsd via @HuffPost
— Steve Davis (@whatifwhynot) October 16, 2018
Madelyn Ellen Linsenmeir. 1988 – 2018
Our beloved Madelyn Ellen Linsenmeir died on Sunday, October 7. While her death was unexpected, Madelyn suffered from drug… https://t.co/i56aceKlF6
— WT1 (@whaletalestwo) October 16, 2018
This obituary is heart wrenching. I lost a cousin to addiction in 2014 and it is a disease, and these paragraphs speak with a weight that gets me right in the gut: pic.twitter.com/RvJMy7UeRu
— Noelle Ellerson Ng (@Noellerson) October 16, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by FOXNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- Bette Midler posts semi-nude picture of Melania, calls her FloTITS (see photo)
- DML TV: Journalist embeds with migrants, learns why they are coming to US
- REPORT: Judge makes ruling on absentee ballots in Georgia gubernatorial election
- VIDEO: Border Patrol catches smuggler cutting barbed wire hours after it was placed at border
- BREAKING: Stormy Daniels’ lawyer Michael Avenatti arrested for domestic violence
- REPORT: Michelle Obama wears hair natural on new magazine cover (PHOTOS)
- BREAKING: Flake retaliates after McConnell blocks bill to protect Mueller (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Bolton aide exits White House after high-profile clash with Melania
- EXCLUSIVE: Arkansas Sheriff’s department releases dash cam video of shootout with illegal alien driver (VIDEO)
- Hannity tweets offer to read 4 books in one day, DML responds by calling out Hannity